ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question about Tech Support

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Bell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question about Tech Support
    Posted: 15-November-2005 at 5:43pm

I'm seriously considering buying ProductCart, but I have a few questions that I need answered.  :)

1) I've been using ShopFactory Pro for a couple of years now, and one of the WORST things about it is the lack of tech support.  Their version of "support" (and I use that term very loosely) is to post a message on the bulletin board or look in a help file.  Wrong answer.   Most of my problems require a QUICK answer....not something for which I can wait a day (or even longer in some cases, because it turns into a question session that takes several days to get solved). I need to be able to call someone *at least* during normal business hours, if not more.  This should be a given with any software in my opinion.  Do you have a phone tech support line?  If so, what's the number, and what are the hours?

2) Why isn't there a demo?  I saw the demo shop you linked to, but there's nothing you can download?  I really, *really* need to see the available templates, and get a feel for how easy it is to start a shop from the ground up. 

2b) Where are some links to sites that use your software?  Not just one, but a page of links where I can look at the templates used, etc.  I want to see what people are doing with your software.

3) What's the refund policy?  Pending you still don't offer a demo, what happens if I purchase your product and don't like it at all once I begin using it?  Since I can't build the site in a demo and see how I like it, there doesn't seem to be a way I can *TRULY* try it out until I buy it.  What's the "buy-back" policy if it won't work for me?

4) The demo site you listed isn't full screen.  The latest version of the software I use (ShopFactory) now makes all of the sites smaller as well, and I hate that (hence, I'm not running the latest version).  I *HAVE* to have the site take up the entire screen.  How do I specify that I want it to take up the full screen, *regardless of what size screen the end-user uses*?  I need it to stretch to full screen no matter if the end user uses 640x480 or 1600x1200 or higher.  How do you do that?  This is very important to the image of our site.  Having the site situated to the upper left hand corner of the browser will all of that blank space doesn't look good to most people.  It needs to be expansive, and take up the full page in the open browser.

5) Does the customer have the ability to pull up and view their previous orders once they log into the site as a returning customer? 

Thanks so much for your time!  I sincerely appreciate it. 

Edited by Ryan Bell - 15-November-2005 at 5:47pm
-- Ryan
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-November-2005 at 6:31pm

Hi Ryan,

We're glad that you are considering ProductCart for your on-line store.  For these type of pre-sales questions, please send us an e-mail at: info@earlyimpact.com

If you want to include a phone number, we can even call you to discuss your concerns.  Thank you.

Early Impact Customer Service

The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
Hamlet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-November-2005 at 12:03pm
Can you post the answers to these questions here?  Since this is a community forum, it would make sense to have these common questions answered here.
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-November-2005 at 7:58pm

Most of the answers to these questions are available via our Web site and through our Knowledge Base. These Forums are mostly meant for existing users of ProductCart. Still, we are happy to post pre-sale information as well, if it can be useful.

1. Technical Support. We provide fast, outstanding technical support. It's one of the priorities at Early Impact. It's not a marketing pitch. It's what we do every day. Read some of these customer testimonials and you'll see that many of them are "support-related". Support is via email, but if we get stuck, we are happy to pick up the phone.
  2. Why No Trial. Because of the nature of our software (written in pure ASP), there is no way to offer a free trial. We do have several, fully functional demo stores.
  3. Refund Policy. Please see this page >>
  4. Sample stores. We created an entire Web site dedicated to showcasing and promoting stores that use ProductCart. Visit www.greatonlinestores.com.
  5. Full screen site. The graphical interface of the store is completely up to you. Here is a page on our Web site that talks about integrating ProductCart with any Web site design.
  6. Previous orders. Customers have access to a complete account management area that lists previous orders, and can also easily print a printer-friendly version, repeat a previous order with one click, and ask questions about an order via the built-in Help Desk. You can test all of these features via our demo stores. These are just a couple of the hundreds of features included in ProductCart.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
Hamlet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-November-2005 at 8:20pm

Thanks for posting these.

One thing that is good about the forum is that it is searchable.  When this forum gets as many posts as the previous forum did, having the answers posted along with the question will be very valuable.

No one likes finding the same question they had in a forum - with no answer available.

Ryan Bell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Bell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-November-2005 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by Hamlet Hamlet wrote:

Thanks for posting these.

One thing that is good about the forum is that it is searchable.  When this forum gets as many posts as the previous forum did, having the answers posted along with the question will be very valuable.

No one likes finding the same question they had in a forum - with no answer available.

Exactly.  Sometimes searching either a) takes too long (I'm just being honest), or b) doesn't work.  A link to the answers or a repost of them is always very helpful. 

-- Ryan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic