ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Add-on's > Apparel Add-on
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Minimum Quantity to Buy DONT work with subproducts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Minimum Quantity to Buy DONT work with subproducts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hnmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Minimum Quantity to Buy DONT work with subproducts
    Posted: 20-March-2010 at 10:37pm
I have a problem were apparel add-on sub-products do not work with parent Minimum Quantity to Buy options. System is keep displaying pop message with "This item requires a minimum of 12 units" - HELP!!!. After saving 12 or more of sub products to "to be added..."(after numerous pop up warning)  finally when we try to add to shopping cart it still gives pop up warning message and will not add to shopping cart. I've setup parent with Minimum Quantity to Buy to 12 and "Force purchase of multiples of:" turn off(unchecked). Sub-products have their own unique sku. Does the SKU for sub products have to be same as parent? I was hoping we can have unique sku for each sub products. Also I was hoping customer/user can select multiple combination on same product and be able add to cart at once. I tried to find answers on knowledge base and on this forum by couldn't find any. PLEASE HELP!
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-March-2010 at 10:12pm
When you set that property, the minimum is automatically applied to any sub-product (the minimum amount to order becomes the default integer in the quantity input field on the product details page).

This is currently a limitation in the system and we don't have any short plans to remove it (it's not on our current development 'To Do' list). This is the first time that it was brought to our attention as a problem.

Of course, we are interested to know if it affects other users of the Apparel Add-on.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
GMKelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMKelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-April-2010 at 12:38pm
This would be a helpful idea we have many products across 4 stores that would benifit from Minimum Quantity to Buy options to sub products.

Thank You.
Gerrit
katharina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katharina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-April-2010 at 12:55pm
I would also love to see the maximum quantity to buy.  Would help us with promotional products.
Katharina
Katharina
www.GermanPlaza.com
mattprice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattprice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-April-2010 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by katharina katharina wrote:

I would also love to see the maximum quantity to buy.  Would help us with promotional products.
Katharina

I would love to see this too.  We would use it for free samples where we only want customers to be able to request one free sample of a product.

Thanks
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-April-2010 at 4:27pm
How does everyone envision this working?  Do you want to simply specify a maximum quantity on the "Inventory Settings" tab, or do you want to be able to manage that value on the subproduct admin page?  Any other details?

As a point of interest, we recently altered this BTO store so that it will enforce a "minimum number of items" on the configuration page.  So on this product, a minimum (and a maximum) of 5 items may be introduced to the product. The "maximum" was stock functionality.

If I know there is a common set of rules by which this will work, and sufficient demand, I would probably be willing to create a mod for such a feature.
mattprice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattprice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-April-2010 at 7:30am

Hi Greg,  I would be happy with just a max quantity field on the Inventory Settings tab and would pay for a mod.

Matt 
Greg Dinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-April-2010 at 10:11am
Anyone else need this besides Matt?  I need 3-4 interested parties to commit to this before I would be willing to build it - otherwise I'll just offer to do it as a custom coding assignment for Matt, who at this time is the only one to say he wants it.

Last year I built the integration to Catalog on Demand because there was an active thread on the topic.  Wish I had asked the question before digging in and building it because the resulting sales have far from justified the effort we invested in building the integration.  It's left me far less willing to build mods in hopes someone may purchase them.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic