ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Service Pack 4 and V4.1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattprice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Service Pack 4 and V4.1
    Posted: 24-April-2010 at 7:44am
I recently installed Service Pack 4 and really welcome the option to exclude Guest Checkout.  All seems to be working fine so many thanks to EI for releasing this option for those who prefer to force customers to register on  their store.
I have one small suggestion and that is to have the cursor begin in the first field of the onepagecheckout screen when guest checkout is disabled.  At the moment it starts in the First Name field.  For customers like me who prefer to tab their way through a form rather than use their mouse it creates an unncessary step to shift-tab or click back to the mandatory email field.  Petty I know but worth a suggestion I thought.

I also received the EI Newsletter today and am really looking forward to Version 4.1 and the forthcoming product review enhancements, especially the automated reminder to write a product review.  I presume the reminders will work on the principle of being sent X number of days after a certain date.  I was just checking to see whether the functionality would be able to exclude sending reviews to orders that had not shipped.  We have some products with very long lead times and a follow up that just sent a review reminder x days after an order was placed would annoy customers who were still awaiting delivery.

Thanks
Matt

cognecy View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cognecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-April-2010 at 12:19pm
I guess I am with you in the 'petty-camp' Matt.

Seriously though, in my opinion, tab order is one of those "Fundamental" aspects of form building! So for, me, I do not think your request petty at all. 

I notice the same irritating 'tab order' issue when logging into the admin on V4 ... I would much prefer the tab order to go from the password field directly to the CAPTCHA entry field but instead you have to tab 4 times to get there.  Currently it flows from the password box, to the 'forgot username' link, to the 'forgot password' link, to the 'load new' link, and then after the 4th tab you will end up in the CAPTCHA entry field.

just my 2-cents
Mark Shipp
Cognecy Solutions, LLC
Hosting/Design/Customization/Database Migration
www.cognecy.com
www.cognecy.co.uk
Greg Dinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-April-2010 at 12:30pm
I was hoping to see the button references supported via the admin, as all other buttons are. 
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-April-2010 at 1:29pm
This will be part of version 4.1. Service Pack 4 is a very "light" update that does not affect the database.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic