ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Make Billing Phone Number Required in 4.1 OPC

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: I suggest version 4.1 have billing phone field required by default
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
2 [22.22%]
0 [0.00%]
7 [77.78%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Make Billing Phone Number Required in 4.1 OPC
    Posted: 04-May-2010 at 2:34am
Sorry for the brevity of the question phasing -- not much room to type in a question there. But I thought a poll might be interesting to gauge what level of interest folks have in having the customer's billing phone number be required in the new One Page Checkout when EI releases 4.1.

It used to be required in previous versions, and still is required in the Control Panel when adding or editing a customer.

It would seem to me that most merchants would want to have this be required as it is so important for customer service and for other billing related issues such as potential fraud.

As it is now, for anyone who wants this, the OPC needs to be modified. I'm wondering if the majority of folks would rather not have to modify it (and maintain that through SP and version upgrades) and would rather put the onus to do that on those that do not want it required.

The middle ground is to make it an option in the CP, but this would involve some work to do -- significant enough that something like this might not make not make it into 4.1, I expect.
Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2010 at 2:47am
It is optional in the OPC (One Page Checkout) Patch that was just released.  It is no longer required in the control panel.

After you install the patch you can open the file "pc/onepagecheckoutJS.asp"

Find: (around line 2)

pcv_IsBillingPhoneReq = false

Change To:

pcv_IsBillingPhoneReq = true
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2010 at 2:50am
Originally posted by Matt Matt wrote:

It is optional in the OPC (One Page Checkout) Patch that was just released.  It is no longer required in the control panel.After you install the patch you can open the file "pc/onepagecheckoutJS.asp"Find: (around line 2)pcv_IsBillingPhoneReq = falseChange To:pcv_IsBillingPhoneReq = true

Well, that was a waste of a fairly well thought out poll, LOL!

How'd I miss that? The is the SP 4 update?
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2010 at 3:04am
So EI's decision is to make it optional/not required by default?

I'm curious about this decision.
katharina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katharina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2010 at 10:27am
I'm glad you did point this one one, and EI gave an answer as to how to activate it.  Current postal regulation require a phone number for all international orders going to post office boxes.  That also means ALL orders going to APO addresses are required to have a phone number.  I would also like to see a mandatory phone number for international shipping addresses.  So far we have used the billing phone number, but sometimes it is a gift order. 

Katharina
www.GermanPlaza.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic