ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Add-on's > Apparel Add-on
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Product Link in Shopping Cart Returns an ERROR

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bcrabtree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Product Link in Shopping Cart Returns an ERROR
    Posted: 21-May-2010 at 4:24pm
My site is set up to disregard stock, and I have multiple sub-product options.
I'm running ProductCart v4.0a SP 4
Site Stage: http://www.badassbabiesclothing.com/shop/pc/home.asp

When I add an Item to the cart and then if I click on the product thumb or item description in the cart to view the product detail page I get the following Error Message:

Quote This product is no longer active in our catalog.

Look for another product or contact the store manager to let them know.

However, if I add the same item to the Wishlist and click on the item description to view the product detail page it works exactly as it should...

I can add products to the cart and checkout just fine, so I know it's not an issue with my inventory settings or anything like that.

So what gives? Is this a bug in the ProductCart software? And if so, how do I get this fixed without having to sign up for support, so I can submit a trouble ticket to fix a problem that shouldn't be a problem...

bcrabtree View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bcrabtree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2010 at 5:14pm
Update:

Upon further investigation, it looks like the product link in the cart is only calling the subproduct ID for the item (viewPrd.asp?idproduct=4375), which is causing an error. Where as, the product link in the wishlist is calling both the product ID and subproduct ID (viewPrd.asp?idproduct=4489&SubPrd=4528)...

So how do I fix this?
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2010 at 6:38pm
This is definitely not the default behavior in the Apparel Add-on. You must be using a version of viewcart.asp that is not the one from the Apparel Add-on file set.

You can test the correct behavior on our Apparel Add-on demo store.

To fix the issue, simply re-upload the correct file to your Web server. It's part of SP4. So one possibility is that you uploaded the wrong file set when you installed Service Pack 4. Please review that Service Pack and make sure to upload the files that match your ProductCart installation, as per these instructions.

Edited by earlyimp - 21-May-2010 at 6:38pm
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
bcrabtree View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bcrabtree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2010 at 6:54pm
Ok thanks, I'll reinstall the file viewcart.asp see what happens.

Cheers.
bcrabtree View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bcrabtree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2010 at 7:12pm
Thanks! That must have been it, I reinstalled the default viewCart.asp file and it now works as expected. Don't know how I could have missed that file when updating to SP4.

Thanks again!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic