ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Build To Order > Conflict Management
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rules triggered by category vs item

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cptkoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rules triggered by category vs item
    Posted: 16-November-2005 at 2:35pm

Imagine a computer has space for two items in it

It must have at least one of category A but if it has 2 it cant have any of category B

Currently i use the drop down box scenario as there are options in each category and it doesn't matter which option is selected. There is then the multiple box to choose one/two etc

How do i configure the store to enforce the above using this new feature?

Also it would be handy is people could select a category as opposed to an Item  - if the customer chooses anything from cat a then they can only choose cat b

Edited by earlyimp - 29-November-2005 at 3:46pm
"I need a hug, I need love, I need fun, I want to feel happy. Thats the world I want to live in!"
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-November-2005 at 3:46pm

The system currently supports only rules that are based on the selection of an individual item. If you select item XYZ, then...

I believe that what you are suggesting is that the system be improved so that:

1. A rule can be triggered by the selection of ANY item in a certain category
  2. A rule can be configured to disable selections in a second category if more than N items have been selected in the first category (this assumes that the first category has been setup for multiple selections)

Is this correct?

The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
cptkoi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cptkoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-November-2005 at 5:43pm
Sounds perfect to me
"I need a hug, I need love, I need fun, I want to feel happy. Thats the world I want to live in!"
k5l7v9l View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote k5l7v9l Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-January-2013 at 8:13am
Hi, I know this posted a long long time ago, but this idea makes perfect sense. The conflict management rules should be set from a single page and these rules would apply to all BTO configurations....Rather than going through each BTO configuration and applying the rules.

Has anyone looked into this since? I think it's a major weakness of the conflict management tool as it is really time consuming to make sure the rules are updated after a product has been removed or added to BTO configurations.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic