ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Suggestions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Use CSS overflow for search results category list
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Use CSS overflow for search results category list

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Use CSS overflow for search results category list
    Posted: 16-July-2010 at 10:55pm
I'm open to debate on this, but it seems to me that it would be far simpler to manage design issues and provide a more intuitive user interface to use CSS overflow on the list of categories at the top of a search results page (Search results by category:) rather than the iFrame.

For one, I've had a couple of clients that are complaining that customers don't recognized the scrolling option. Greg helped with this by moving the up/down buttons to the left on this site: http://www.colormall.com/store/pc/showsearchresults.asp?pageStyle=H&resultCnt=10&keyword=monitor

However, there is still the issue of dealing with z-indexing with other design issues such as drop down/fly-out navigation.

Just seems to me that it would be easier for folks if this content were held in a div with CSS overflow applied.
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-July-2010 at 9:03pm
Hi Sean,

I don't believe the code uses an iframe. The code we're using is a modified version of “//Manual Scroller- © Dynamic Drive 2001 //For full source code, visit http://www.dynamicdrive.com”.

We haven't changed it in a long time and it could certainly be reviewed and improved in a future release.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic