ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help with Options

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dejacob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help with Options
    Posted: 10-August-2010 at 6:06am
I use ProductCart to sell awards products.  I sell medals, and have the neck ribbons as options.  The problem is there are so many neck ribbons to choose from, that when I update the neck ribbons options and try to apply it to all of the medals, it times out.  It just can't handle applying the change universally.  Is there another way for me to update the options or list the options separately?

Also, I want to have more than one option for the engraving.  I would like the customer to be able to choose a printed disc for the back of the medal with unlimited wording, or choose actual engraving on the back (charge based on # of characters).  My question is how can I allow the customer to choose one but not the other.  In other words, if they choose one option, I want the other option to no longer appear (or not allow it to be selected), so there is no confusion

Thanks,

Don
DEJ
ITistic View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ITistic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-August-2010 at 5:28pm
Hi Don,

I believe the Built to Order (and possibly the Conflict Management Add-On) would allow you to achieve your goal of only allowing on option or another.

As for the timeout issue, the ProductCart code could probably be customized for your store so the timeout is increased. This wouldn't speed up the process at all, it would just allow it complete without throwing an error. How long it takes to run all depends on how many products you have in your database and how well your SQL Server performs.

Let me know if we can help..
Shawn Berg
Owner / Project Manager
(877) iTISTIC / (877) 484-7842
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic