ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Add-on's > Apparel Add-on
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Product options

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dregna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Product options
    Posted: 26-August-2010 at 7:09pm
Hello community, I'm new here and looking forward to using PC for my project! Quick question about the apparel add-on:

Is it possible to create a sub-product with 2 different product options, but have one of the product options not be part of the sub-products? For instance, one of my product options on most product pages will have attributes that are collecting data from the customer via a drop-down box, like a shipping interval:

weekly
bi-weekly
monthly

The other product option will have attributes related to weight

5 lbs
10 lbs
15 lbs

Seeing that the shipping interval product option will not require it's own stock levels, pricing changes, weight changes, rewards points, etc, I do not need the sub-products to include the shipping interval product option. In the above example I would only require 3 sub-products as opposed to 6.

I would need to keep track of the product options related to weight, since they are indeed unique products requiring different stock levels, sku's, weights, etc, but not the shipping interval as it's only capturing an option that does not make a product unique.

Any thoughts?

Regards,

Dan
Pet Food Subscriptions
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-August-2010 at 8:19pm
Don't think so Dan.
dregna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dregna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-August-2010 at 8:50pm
Any suggestions?
Dan Regna
Pet Food Subscriptions
dregna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dregna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-August-2010 at 8:53pm
I was thinking using a custom input field may be the best way to go, but I think it may be confusing to the customer. Is there anyway a custom input field could be presented as a drop down with attributes?
Dan Regna
Pet Food Subscriptions
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-August-2010 at 11:30pm
Hi Dan,

You could use a custom input field, but there is no way to turn it dynamically into a drop-down from the ProductCart Control Panel. You would have to customize the code:

- detect the product
- detect the custom input field
- replace code with drop-down

You might want to contact a few Certified Product Developers for a quick quote.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
dregna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dregna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-August-2010 at 12:19am
Thanks! Greg has sent me an e-mail :)
Dan Regna
Pet Food Subscriptions
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic