ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Add-on's > Apparel Add-on
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question on Reorder Points with Apparel Add-On

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackReefDesigns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question on Reorder Points with Apparel Add-On
    Posted: 16-September-2010 at 12:20am

I couldn't find the answer in the Wiki. On the Apparel Add-On we have the ability to set individual inventory quantities for each sub-product but the Reorder Point is set at the Parent Product Level. (i.e.: I can set that I have 10 Black Pouches and 5 Brown Pouches but I cannot set a separate reorder point for each).

My question, how does Product Cart view the reorder point notification?

Does it send a notification if any one subproduct drops below the reorder point or only if total stock of all subproducts combined drops below the set amount?

ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-September-2010 at 12:36am
The Low Inventory Notification E-mail is the setting for Apparel Parent Product only, and the notification e-mail is only sent only when the inventory level of all sub-products is lower than the Reorder level.

We have added this note to the following page on our WIKI:

http://wiki.earlyimpact.com/productcart/products_adding_new#product-specific_inventory_settings

The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
BlackReefDesigns View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackReefDesigns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-September-2010 at 12:36am
Thank you for your response.  A business friend of mine mentioned this today, thought I would pass it along to you

"

Perhaps a feature suggestion for EI to allow a reorder point to be set for each individual subproduct since some subproducts may be more popular than others and require different inventory minimums.

"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic