ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Add-on's > Apparel Add-on
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

sub product batch

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaiBritt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: sub product batch
    Posted: 04-October-2010 at 7:10pm
I used Manage Apparel Products/Batch Create Sub-Products, when I exported(for re-import) the sub-products file, the General Image and Detail View Image fields are populated only with the sku and image type (sku.jpg). The literature leads me to believe that these fields should be SkuOptionSuffixType.
Are the image fields in the export file the sub product image names or the presumed parent image names?
Why do the export file field names not match the sample_import_file_app_subproducts?
Does a Batch Create Sub-Products have to be accompanied by an Import Sub-Products step as well?
What am I doing wrong?
Bob
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-October-2010 at 7:18pm
You can see the file names that ProductCart generated right on the page where you manage Sub Products. You don't need to export the data.

The file names for the Sub Product images should follow whatever naming convention you elected to use when you generated the Sub Products. Maybe you did not enter a Suffix on app-subPrdsBatch.asp?

With regard to SKUs, unique part numbers are only created when you use Attribute codes, and they are then used in the image file names.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic