ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PC setup on desktop with SQL?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uniforms guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PC setup on desktop with SQL?
    Posted: 25-August-2006 at 3:50am

Dear EI,

My desktop using WinXP Pro with MS SQL 2005, can I setup PC (using SQL database) with that system? AND

Do I have to reconfigure it when I ftb PC to my host server later for publishing? 

MarkCoyle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkCoyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-August-2006 at 5:14am

You can but it's your server that needs MySQL installed not your desktop computer.

You need to check this with your ISP account prior to installing.  ProductCart is installed onto your server not on your hard drive.

You modify the files on the harddrive (excluding the database) and FTP it up to the server.  Your live database doesn't sit on your desktop computer.

Hope that helps.

cheers

Mark

ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-August-2006 at 4:03pm

Mark & Uniforms Guy, ProductCart can definitely be run on a Windows XP Workstation for testing or development purposes. And it can use a local database (Access or SQL) as long as the necessary software is installed on the workstation.

There is a section of the ProductCart User Guide that provides some information on installing on Windows XP Pro.

As for moving the store to a production server, when you are ready, here is an FAQ from our Knowledge Base: http://www.earlyimpact.com/faqs/afmviewfaq.asp?faqid=182

Edited by earlyimp - 25-August-2006 at 4:04pm
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic