ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Should I Install Product Cart on My Web Server?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Should I Install Product Cart on My Web Server?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjbones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Should I Install Product Cart on My Web Server?
    Posted: 18-October-2010 at 1:51am

I am a business owner, and not a web developer. I have decided to upgrade my online store, and am going to completely redo my website with ProductCart. I have found a hoster, with whom I have confidence, on the ProductCart website.

My question for discussion is, for someone like me who is not a developer, but is savvy on the web and with technology, and I have a decent knowledge of HTML, do you think I could install ProductCart with ease by following the directions in the wiki? It seems simple enough, though I thought I would inquire to see what others, who are more knowledgeable than I, think on this subject.

My PROS for doing my own install:
Save a little money! Big%20smile
Learn something new! Smile
Ensure that all of the security precautions that EI lists in the wiki are met! Smile

My CONS for doing my own install:
Could make a mistake--and my biggest worry--not know/realize it. Confused
Perhaps my time is better spent doing other things... so it may be worth it to spend the $50.
Could cause grief because I really don't know what I'm doing... and may end up having to have EI install it anyways--and would have wasted my time in the end. Cry

Thanks for your time and thoughts!
tjbones
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-October-2010 at 2:52am
We are offering free installations for a limited time. So, if you want, we'll install ProductCart for you at no additional charge. See: http://www.productcart.com/buy-productcart.asp
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
tjbones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjbones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-October-2010 at 6:20pm
Thanks.  I did not know you were offering this service.  I appreciate the info.  I am going through the install process now. Smile
tjbones
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic