ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Affiliate Link not assigning order to affiliate
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Affiliate Link not assigning order to affiliate

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
owendf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote owendf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Affiliate Link not assigning order to affiliate
    Posted: 04-February-2011 at 1:20pm
OK, I figured it out- an obvious error on my end but thought I would share so that other newbies might find an answer if they have the same problem. The key is to check to see if the id represented in the URL string matches the ID of the affiliate. In my case, I generated a link for "none", rather than for the affiliate. this is because the product cart control panel has more than one drop-down where you can specify the affiliate, and I had one correctly selected, but the wrong one. So, make sure you select the affiliate in the appropriate drop-down before creating the links.
owendf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote owendf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2011 at 10:59am
Hello,

I am trying to get the affiliate features working. Short story: I created an affiliate, created a test product, purchased it after using the affiliate link to get to my store, and the order is not associated with the affiliate (No affiliate information appears in the Other Details tab of the order).

Details:
affiliate link: http://www.pelleactivewear.com/store/pc/home.asp?idaffiliate=1

affiliate: account is active, all required fields are populated.

Affiliate settings page:
Affiliate program is active:      Yes
Automatically approve affiliates:      No
Default commission:      25
Exclude wholesale customers:      Yes
Save Affiliate ID: Yes
Enter the number of days after which the cookie expires: 365   
Max number of orders per customer: 1000      order(s) on which commissions will be earned

Test product: First I set the price to 0.00. Then I tried again after setting it to 0.04.

Test Customer: Belongs to a separate pricing level, but is NOT a wholesale customer.

Thank you for any help!
Owen
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic