ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Correct inaccurate Sales Report Totals

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattprice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Correct inaccurate Sales Report Totals
    Posted: 26-March-2011 at 6:45am

The Sales Reports in Productcart, whilst very extensive in their variety, do not reflect the final sales price accurately.

We make extensive use of Quantity Discounts throughout nearly all of our products but all of the sales reports in Productcart base their totals on the base price of a product.  This means that the Sales Reports are always overinflated.

I also note the reports do not take into account when a customer uses a discount code.  This too makes for an innacurate Sales Report.

Thanks
Matt

ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-March-2011 at 4:38am
We are aware of the issue with quantity discounts and we will try to address it in the next release.

Different is the issue with discount codes. That a much trickier one. If there were 10 products purchased and a $10 coupon, do you subtract $1 from each of the 10 products purchased? That would not be accurate. We believe that with discount codes it is more accurate to leave product sales "as is", and only adjust overall sales.

Edited by earlyimp - 27-March-2011 at 4:39am
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
mattprice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattprice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-March-2011 at 2:59am
I agree with the discount code problem but would welcome a change to the reports that factors in quantity discounts.

Many thanks
Matt
mattprice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattprice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-July-2011 at 6:59am
I know I probably should be able to figure this out myself but please can you let me know whether the Monthly Sales total on the admin home page are correctly calculated for quantity discounts ?

Matt
Dayv3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayv3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-August-2011 at 12:41am
If you want to take this a step further, the sales total also includes the
shipping fees which are a pass thru expense.

Dave

Edited by Dayv3 - 12-August-2011 at 12:43am
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-August-2011 at 10:50am
Hi Dave, this may well be true on your store, but other stores operate differently, making a profit, or a loss on shipping.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic