ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Add-on's > QuickBooks Add-on
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Webservice Logs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odathp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Webservice Logs
    Posted: 17-April-2011 at 12:11pm
Am up to over 2300 files in the /QuickBooks/webservice/Logs folder.  Is there an option anywhere to limit the number of log files that are preserved?

Thanks....
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-April-2011 at 12:37pm
Not that I know of.  I end up having to RDP to my servers occasionally and look for sites that have grown inordinately, then look to see if it's those log files - then nuke them.  You would need to delete them via FTP if you are on shared hosting.

Similarly, these tables in the database can grow significantly.
pcQB_Queue
pcQB_History

I would love to see a release at some point that deals with a range of maintenance issues such as clearing CPlogs, shipping labels, XML export files, uploaded XLS/CSV import files, and so on.

odathp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odathp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-April-2011 at 12:48pm
That was pretty much my next step.  Since we do have a dedicated server was thinking about writing a script to accomplish the task and put it in windows scheduler.  Was holding off till Early Impact confirmed what seems to be the inevitable.

Thanks for the feedback!
Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-April-2011 at 1:41pm
You can simply update your QB Add-On to the latest version. The instructions that come with the update explain how to purge the logs.  The latest version has logging turned off by default.  Alternatively you can open the file "Quickbooks/webservice/Web.Config" and set "True" to "False" next to logging.  That works with all versions.  If your db is collecting a lot of data it is probably because you run Web Connector on a schedule (e.g. every 15 minutes).  Unless you need real-time inventory synchronization you should only run it once per day to once per week.  You can also run it manually just before you need to work in QuickBooks.
odathp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odathp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-April-2011 at 2:09pm
Is the QB Add-On you are referring to the same as the ProductCart Synchronizer?

We are currently running v1.07.  Is that the latest version?

If I turn off logging in web.config will that affect the Support Console ability to view Operation Details?

We use the real-time synchronization and run the web connector every minute to support the customer requirements/process.
Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-April-2011 at 2:50pm
Yes, I am referring to the ProductCart Synchronizer for QuickBooks.  The support console and logs are two separate features.  Good question! So you can use the support console after logging is turned off.  You are running the latest version.  If you still have logs then you may have missed a few steps when updating. You can read over the steps again here.  Since you use real-time synchronization you may periodically want to purge the tables Greg mentioned above.  They will be added to the "Clean-Up Tool" in the next version.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic