ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Add-on's > Apparel Add-on
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Apparel Add-On with POSIM - HELP!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Apparel Add-On with POSIM - HELP!!!
    Posted: 07-October-2011 at 11:47am
Hi all-

I am having a really rough go of it using ProductCart with POSIM.  I can only create apparel products with 2 attributes, although I have read that it is possible to create them with only one.  I am unable to do an effective batch modification of my apparel items and have been told by my tech support guy that he "doesn't really know much about this (apparel add-on and imports)"  and that "not all of the ProductCart functionality listed in the manuals works with POSIM".  His suggestion is that I continue to add and modify products item by item, bit by bit, instead of doing a spreadsheet.  I've asked if someone else can help me, and according to him, he's my only option.

All of my manuals have the POSIM logo AND the ProductCart logo listed prominently on the covers and the manuals make many references to POSIM, so I'm hoping that he's just not knowledgable and that we can find a solution.

Is there someone out there who is familiar with POSIM who can help us??  At least to give us an idea of what kind of functionality we can reasonably except to achieve?

Thanks!!!
rockandnitro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockandnitro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-November-2011 at 9:07am
Wish I had seen your post earlier. You are not alone. After being promised and counting on that a combination of Posim and Posim Eccommerce would be a significant improvement over our previous cart system we have found the system to be awkward, inconsistent, and mega time consuming. It takes me  about 12 - 16 people hours now to orchestrate a sale that actually works. With my older system it would have taken about an hour for one person. Not to mention that you have to keep MEL updates off or it will overwrite. Then there is the apparel challenge. What does and what doesn't upload from POSIM is completely illogical requiring tons of time to individually adjust the products on both sides. One of challenges is its really confusing to know what fields map to other. And your right, the support crew often has little to know experience with what you are trying to do and how to do it.It's common to spend hours on the phone only to find out that the track was completely wrong.

As to your challenge of single items we use a symbol or a number in one of fields to make it work. I think though that I would suggest not apparrelizing (sp) the item if you can if there is only one attribute. Granted, changes made for a non apparel product will be overwritten by POSIM MEL but at least you have a single item you can control on both sides. With apparel items for some reason beyond my pay grade the subproducts overwrite from POSIM while the parent items don't. Since much of ProductCart - like global changes run off the parent item (list price) things get confusing really fast. I know this hasn't been much help but at least know that there are others out there struggling with the POSIM eccommerce which I suspect was a build to order linkup.
R&N
rufustrunt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rufustrunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-February-2012 at 11:16am
Good catch, I never even noticed that and I'm trying to add just one more thing to the apparel mod right now. 

We will keep you posted if I find anything.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic