ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lightbox Mod is Great!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote l.Breen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lightbox Mod is Great!
    Posted: 22-November-2011 at 1:15pm
I just updated from V3.1 to 4.5 and am thrilled with the upgrades.
Product Cart has worked well for us and I'm glad we had it updated.
One modification that I asked the developer (Tim @ Copper Pixel) that did the upgrade to do was to make it possible for us to use product videos on product pages WITHOUT having to let the costumer navigate away from our product page.
He has integrated a lightbox that will accept youtube, vimeo, or just webpages.
I really think that this will be a huge selling tool for us.
Check it out HERE

I'd definitely recommend that EI look into this as an add-on for Product Cart as video will be more and more necessary as a sales tool.

ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-November-2011 at 1:39pm
The Litghbox looks nice, but you can also just embed YouTube (or other) code directly in the HTML product description. The code to embed is very small and you can adjust the size of the window as you wish.

That's what we do on our blog, for example:
http://blog.earlyimpact.com/2011/11/introducing-sales-manager-for.html
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
TrekLightGear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrekLightGear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-November-2011 at 4:01pm
Just my two cents but I think the Lightbox mod makes much more sense from an e-commerce perspective than just embedding the video into the description.  Or at least I'll say that it works great in addition to having the embed option.   It keeps it from taking up too much valuable real estate in the description, puts it exactly where customers would expect it (along with the thumbnail pictures)and if one product has have more than one video you could easily have multiple videos without all the embedded space.  

Seems like a great feature that does make more sense to me as a standard feature (video is becoming as crucial to e-commerce as pictures) rather than a custom build.  In my opinion of course.

Seth Haber
l.Breen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote l.Breen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-November-2011 at 5:09pm
I believe that there are times that the embedded video in the description might make sense, but in general we are working so hard to get the necessary info on the product page without cluttering the page that the lightbox is something that works out very well.

There are also times where a video is not to be considered a product and yet could be useful to some customers. Rather than making everyone deal with those, I can now put  a link in the product description that explains what it is and that way only those that want will have to deal with it.
An example of this is HERE
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic