ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Getting started, thnx for the quick support !

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martijn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Getting started, thnx for the quick support !
    Posted: 21-January-2012 at 12:29pm
Hi People,

I'm Martijn, from the Netherlands (company www.autohifi.nl).

The last month I wasted a lot of time trying to find a e-commerce product that satisfied my requirements, last week I gave up.... The only product that supported the features I wanted was Magento. But a more complex illiogical platform and slow performing OS commerce extension doesn't exist, it's poorly documented and you need a master degree in 'understanding things you don't want to understand'. 

So all hope gone I was planning to start from scratch with Classic ASP & MS SQL 2008 (my favorite web platform). Last night I woke up early and was browsing shopping-cart-reviews.com and found ProductCart (I skipped this before because the sample customers sites doesn't show the capabilities of this product).

Clicked trough the store admin demo and founded actually -almost- all the features I needed. After playing & trying I really became happy !!! More then happy :) This will save me months of programming!!!! 

So this morning I bought it, even while there is no support for the Dutch language or the dutch payment methods. I'm really happy and needed to share my compliments on a public place. 

Eerly People -> Thanks for the quick support and order processing on a saterday, great !!!!

----

Going to setup & enjoying it tonight. Lots of translations to dutch to make :) Perhaps premature, but I need to implement the Dutch Payment method (Ideal) on the site. It's a pretty straight forward payment setup, there are 2 basic things:

1, posting a form to with the payment details:

<FORM METHOD="post" ACTION="https://idealtest.rabobank.nl/ideal/mpiPayInitRabo.do" 
id=form1 name=form1> 
<INPUT type="hidden" NAME="merchantID" value="vul hier uw acceptant ID in"> 
<INPUT type="hidden" NAME="subID" value="0"> 
<INPUT type="hidden" NAME="amount" VALUE="200" > 
<INPUT type="hidden" NAME="purchaseID" VALUE="vul hier uw unieke ordernr in"> 
<INPUT type="hidden" NAME="language" VALUE="nl"> 
<INPUT type="hidden" NAME="currency" VALUE="EUR"> 
<INPUT type="hidden" NAME="description" VALUE="omschrijving bestelling"> 
<INPUT type="hidden" NAME="itemNumber1" VALUE="1"> 
<INPUT type="hidden" NAME="itemDescription1" VALUE="omschrijving artikel 1"> 
<INPUT type="hidden" NAME="itemQuantity1" VALUE="2"> 
<INPUT type="hidden" NAME="itemPrice1" VALUE="100"> 
<INPUT type="hidden" NAME="paymentType" VALUE="ideal"> 
<INPUT type="hidden" NAME="validUntil" VALUE=" 2007-01-01T12:00:00.SSSZ"> 

<INPUT type="hidden" NAME="urlCancel" VALUE="http://vul hier uw_urlCancel_in"> 
<INPUT type="hidden" NAME="urlSuccess" VALUE="http://vul hier uw_urlSuccess_in"> 
<INPUT type="hidden" NAME="urlError" VALUE="http://vul hier uw_urlError_in"> 
<input type="submit" value="Bevestig bestelling" id=submit2 name=submit2> 

After a payment is made the Ideal system needs to post the status data back to a comfirm URL and update the order to "payment succeded" , "payment failed" or "payment cancelled".

Is there anyone who can give me some startup support with this?

Kind regards,

Martijn / The Netherlands

-------------

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."
Martijn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martijn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-January-2012 at 1:00pm

PS. I will install it tonight, are there any best practice tips on how to configure the site (IIS 7.5 / database (MS SQL 2008) like cache settings or database reserved memory etc.

-------------

ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-January-2012 at 1:45pm
Hi Martijn,

We're happy that you found ProductCart! Although we can't provide assistance with customizing the software, the following articles from our WIKI might be useful:

Adding a new payment gateway:

Changing the text/language in the storefront:

Getting started:

We hope this helps and good luck with your ProductCart-powered store!
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
Martijn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martijn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-January-2012 at 1:50pm
Are the .asp files in the attachment useable (considering: "The instructions and files mentioned in this article apply to ProductCart version 3.11. This article has not yet been updated for v4.")

& thnx

-------------

Martijn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martijn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-January-2012 at 5:03am

Hi there,

See:

How to get the cross-sell products layout to horizontal ? 

The products are build up from the public sub pcs_RequiredCrossSelling (viewPrdCode.asp) but can't find lay-out option in that file (or any others)

thnx in advance

-------------

Martijn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martijn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-January-2012 at 3:06am
Allready found solution for above ^

Change file cs_img.asp (or cs.asp if you dont show images) in case of cs_img.asp see line 341

change:

If (pcIntCellCount = scPrdRow) And (tCnt+1 < pcv_intProductCount) Then

to

If (pcIntCellCount = 3) And (tCnt+1 < pcv_intProductCount) Then

To display them horizontal (in this case 3 products)

-------------

Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-January-2012 at 4:37pm
Hi Martijn,
     Thanks for the post re the layout of the cross-sell products. That's the sort of stuff we love to see on the forum - sharing in the community.   I'll pop a copy of that somewhere appropriate on the WIKI.

Regarding the payment gateway example files, I think I answered that some other way, but yes, they still apply. I'll also note that on the WIKI.
Martijn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martijn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-January-2012 at 4:54am
Note with it that changes like that does change the use of global settings, they wont apply to it any more. And tip in the wiki that if you make changes you comment then at the end of the row like

' CUSTOMCHANGE MADE --> reason: to .......

And under the line

' "ORIGINAL CODE LINE"

There are lots of editors (I use MacroMedia Homesite) that supports Extended Replaces. You can make replaces in *.asp including all subfolders. If you replace

CUSTOMCHANGE into CUSTOMCHANGE (no changes made) you can find out all the pages / rows that you editted in case you want to change something back or replace it to the original code (if you did comment the original line under it)

Edited by Martijn - 27-January-2012 at 4:55am

-------------

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic