ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

4 Different Coupon Codes not letting customers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njessen42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 4 Different Coupon Codes not letting customers
    Posted: 06-February-2012 at 2:04pm
We use many different coupon codes for different sales we have going on.  Recently we have found out that using more than 3 codes will not let customers submit their order.  We always have the codes flagged to automatically apply and for use with more than one code. Is this a known issue? Also none of our items are included in more than one code, so no duplication.

Nate Jessen
ProductCart v4.1 SP 2
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-February-2012 at 6:35pm
Hi Nate,

I just tested this on one of our sandbox PC 4.1 SP 2 locations, and had 4 various kinds of auto applied, can be used with others discounts, and it worked fine (used offline credit card payment method).

It might not be the number of them, but possibly the length of them all strung together? Are the discount codes long?
njessen42 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njessen42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-February-2012 at 12:18pm
Sean thanks for testing this out. We did have pretty long coupon codes, so I shortened them to 5 characters each and it still didn't work. Gave me the error below. It works fine with only 3 different discount codes but 4 seems to be the magical number to error. It doesn't log the error in the Product Cart admin panel either. I even tried two different shipping methods and payment methods. 

Technical Information:

The error has been logged in the store database. The reference ID for this error is: 238528419-91316. To report the problem to our technical support team, please write this # down or copy and paste it.

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-February-2012 at 1:53pm
Hi Nate,

This is curious. 

Those error logs are almost never helpful anyways. 

Try this:

Open /includes/opendb.asp

At the top, put an apostrophe before the first line so that it reads like this:
'on error resume next

Save that and try it again. Depending on how the server is configured, we should hopefully get a more meaningful description of the error. If so, please provide that.

And don't forget to reverse the change above so the site will handle errors again.

Edited by Sean@WMS - 08-February-2012 at 1:53pm
njessen42 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njessen42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-February-2012 at 2:07pm
Thanks will try that. We are getting the same error in our test shopping cart but I did come across a ton of these errors in the help log. This is what happens when we submit an order with more than 4 discounts that automatically apply and can be used with other discounts.

Customer Reference Number: 360380226-93239
Date/Time: 2/8/2012
Session ID: 360380226
Error Number: -2147217833
Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server
Description: String or binary data would be truncated.

query=SELECT idOrder FROM Orders WHERE pcOrd_OrderKey like 'DEU2958990352';

Request Method: POST
Server Port: 443
HTTPS: on
Local Address: 192.168.1.101
Host Address: 66.162.137.198
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:10.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0
URL: /cart/pc/SaveOrd.asp
HTTP Headers: southshore.rings-things.com, en-us,en;q=0.5

Each one had this exact same description with a different "like =" ####

Edited by njessen42 - 08-February-2012 at 2:13pm
njessen42 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njessen42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-February-2012 at 2:50pm
I think we might of figured it out. The dbo.orders.discountDetails field is only nvarchar(200). It looks like it takes the name, code and price for each code and summarizes it here for the order. I think our name and code is just to long. We are testing it out now. 
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-February-2012 at 2:56pm
Yeah, that was my hunch -- that the issue is not the number of discounts, but the length of the data. I'm sure you're on the right track there.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic