ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Customer Welcome Email

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkCoyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Customer Welcome Email
    Posted: 28-October-2006 at 7:48pm
Hi all,

unless I'm wrong, I don't think an email goes out to customers on registration.

This looks a simple but important requirement to us.

It would enable key features of the store, functionality etc to be introduced, along with any special discount, reward etc schemes in place.

Other services I use do this as a matter of routine and I think PC should support it too.  It's probably one of those 'so obvious we overlooked it' things.  It doesn't feel like an add-on, I think it should be considered as a core requirement.

I would be grateful if this could be factored into the next version of PC as I've had a few customers ask for an 'introduction' email and I'm having to do it manually.  As we have had 300 customers register in the last weeks, it's been a bit of a pain.

Thanks for considering this.  The new HTML / URL inclusion in customer product reviews is fantastic.

cheers
Mark

Edited by MarkCoyle - 28-October-2006 at 7:50pm
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-October-2006 at 12:23pm
Hi Mark, an email is indeed sent out to customers when they register.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
MarkCoyle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkCoyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-October-2006 at 1:20pm
Thanks - we can't see this as store admin.

So how can I modify it?

It would make sense for it to be shown under the store admin settings > email settings.

Also, we should receive a copy.  Occasionally it gets blocked due to spam filters and we should at least be able to see it's gone out.

cheers
Mark
jeanluc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeanluc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-January-2007 at 6:58pm
In addition to the customer registration email, I think there should be an automatic email when we, as administrators, change their pricing group from say retail to wholesale.

I would add this to the next upgrade.  It is really a hassle to make the price group change then create an email manually for this purpose

Thanks

Edited by jeanluc - 23-January-2007 at 6:59pm
fidjiti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fidjiti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-September-2007 at 9:38pm
What file do we need to edit if we want to edit the content in the email which is sent out right after the customer has registered? I don't see it in the email settings page via the admin section. Thanks!
Linda - I wish I knew ASP.
To view my ever evolving site click the "www" button below. :)
fidjiti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fidjiti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-September-2007 at 3:48pm
Still wondering what file I need to edit to change the text/wording on the welcome email. It seems a little generic and I just want to include my own. EI can you please help here?
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-September-2007 at 4:59pm

The text strings are in "includes/languages.asp". 99% of the text strings used in the storefront are stored in that file.

The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
fidjiti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fidjiti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-September-2007 at 5:04pm
sweet thanks! I thought it would be in there but I didn't actually take the time to look (i have to open dreamweaver and all of the folders to check and it take a while) simply because all of the other emails were in the admin settings page, i just thought it would have been somewhere else.
Thanks!
sdalan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sdalan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-October-2007 at 8:05pm

If you want to send yourself a copy, add a line to SENDMAIL.ASP (in the PC folder), after Line 33. For example:

mail.bcc = "address@yourdomain.com"

We do this and it is quite handy. For example, we allow backordering and the time frames change all the time. By having a copy of what the customer has received, we can see what we told them. And as you pointed out, it is nice to see that the message went out...presumably if you got yours, the customer got his/hers. Maybe. :-)

Alan

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic