ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Moving from shared hosting to VDS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ludwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-April-2012 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by cognecy cognecy wrote:

I am not a fan of backup and restore myself but do need to state very clearly, that giving blanket advice to the community that it will not work is an incorrect statement.  It absolutely will work if done correctly

That's why I said.. OR you will need to do extra tweaking...

"If you are using MS SQL 2005 and you try to import your database into MS SQL 2008, it won't work or you will need to do extra tweaking or something, because that's what caused my problem."

I'm sure you can get it to work with MS SQL 2008 but probably not with a simple backup and restore, so I was just giving everyone a precaution in case they run into the same issue that I had.

If I do any mods, I plan to hire a developer, but the rest I want to try to learn myself.

Edited by Ludwig - 12-April-2012 at 1:03pm
JoltDigital View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoltDigital Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-April-2012 at 1:40am
If you are restoring a backp of a db from a different server be sure to remove the orphaned sql users from the db and resolve any ownership issues from the orphaned users. You will then need to add the users you have configured on the new server to have access to the database.

Also if you are using mssql express make sure mixed authenication and tcpip are enabled. By default both are disabled.

I would also suggest you contact your host about adding a license for sql2k8r2 web edition. It should be around $20/month.
JoltDigital Inc.
1-888-785-5658
Premium ProductCart Hosting
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic