ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Making "Sales" easier ....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oakcourt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Making "Sales" easier ....
    Posted: 23-November-2005 at 4:26pm

First I have to say that even just the way it is, ProductCart is awesome!!!  I belong to a group of business owners that get together monthly, and the discussion is often about how their shopping carts are a big PAIN.  <g>  I have nothing but nice things to say about my ProductCart!  :)

That being said, I would love to see a future upgrade include something along the lines of the free ZenCart's "Sale Maker" - a place in the control panel where you can set up sales on specific products, categories, or even the whole store.  If you enter a start and end date, it even takes the items off and on sale automatically!   For example, we're having a Thanksgiving weekend sale, and I'll need to go in and put everything on sale tonight (one item at a time), and go back in Sunday night and take it all back to regular price.  We're having entire categories of products, for example, that are 25% off, and it would be WONDERFUL to be able to just click on the category, enter the percentage, and show the start and end dates of the sale.

Thanks for considering this --  and keep up the great work!!!

Brenda Sievers, Oak Court Creations

http://www.oakcourtcreations.com

ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-November-2005 at 5:26pm

One way to handle this is through the powerful "Global Changes" feature, that allows the store administrator to easily change prices 'across the board', or on a category-by-category basis (e.g. decrease all product prices in Category A by 10%).  It's done under:

Store Mgmt. Tools -> Manage Products -> Global Changes

Then, all you have to do is 'Announce the Sale' to your visitors, which can be done thru a message or graphic on your home page.  Don't forget, that when the sale is over, you need to inrease prices by 11.111111% and select 'round to the nearest integer', to get your prices back to pre-sale levels.

Another way to do it is post a Discount Code on your home page that all customers can use.  These codes can be filtered by Products and Categories, and can also have an expiration date.

Anyway - perhaps in a future version we will incorporate other/better ways to implement a holiday sale, or similar event.  Thanks for the suggestion.

The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
lelady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lelady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-November-2005 at 12:29am

I use the discount codes to handle all of our sales and it works out nicely, however, I can see the benefit of someone clicking on a product an immediately seeing the price.

You can take a look at our homepage here, it lists several deals for the holidays using the discount codes.

http://www.wildponymotorsports.com/

watercrazed View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watercrazed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-December-2005 at 3:58am
We use a discount code by product category too.  A number of our products are alway on sale.  The code allows save an additional xxx  sale ends monday type of sale.

But over half the of the purchasers do not "get it". (don't use the discount code) although we generally have a banner at the top of every page announcing the sale and the code. 

activating a sale without the code required with an optional text message next to price (like year end sale price)  would be great. dreaming the price and text would have simiple formating like font size / color to help make it POP
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic