ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tax Exempt Status

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NaturalSoap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tax Exempt Status
    Posted: 21-May-2012 at 10:46am

How do ypou apply a tax exempt status to a customer such as clergy?

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2012 at 1:30pm
The only way I see to do this without customization would be to lean on the option to not tax wholesale customers. If you are not currently using wholesale customer features, or at least are not currently using wholesale pricing, then you can utilize the stock functionality to not charge certain customers sales tax simply by flagging them as wholesale.

If you are currently using wholesale pricing, then this could be handled with a relatively minor customization bouncing off of customer Pricing Categories.
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2012 at 2:30pm
You can create a customer pricing category, set it to wholesale, but set the pricing to 0% off retail.
The limitation of doing this is that if you have set up wholesale customers with different shipping or payment options, or minimum order requirements, they will be subject to those as well.   
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2012 at 4:30am
HI @NaturalSoap,

Hamish's and my reply here show some examples of how stock ProductCart features and functionality can be harnessed for your needs here. I suspect you'll still need at least a slight tweak here to kick it into place for your needs, though. Please let me know if you'd like us to help you dial this in for you. Should be pretty simple to do.
< id="Siber_1" ="application/rf-chrome-plugin" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; width: 0px; height: 0px; : fixed; display: block; ">
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic