ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Add-on's > QuickBooks Add-on
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Quickbooks Product Mapping

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreggS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quickbooks Product Mapping
    Posted: 14-June-2012 at 5:11pm
The 1st time we synced up to Quickbooks worked pretty well.  We have close to 5000 skus in our database. When I went to "View/ Modify Product Mappings" I noticed it didn't list all of them.  It showed only 1000.
I tried finding the code that would show all the product mappings and found "QB_Constants.asp". I changed "private const scQB_PageSize=1000" to "private const scQB_PageSize=5000" and it showed all the skus (although it did take a little bit to load).

As we started adding new products through ProductCart and tried to map them, the pages no longer load.  Where the skus normally load up it just says "Loading..."  I tried the auto map but that won't work either.  I tried changing the PageSize back to 1000 but that didn't fix anything.

I don't remember any changes to code except for the css files for styling.  The only change I can think of that may affect mapping is when I would export to a csv file to make some changes and then reimport but I was told that wouldn't affect the database.

Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-June-2012 at 5:22pm
When the page size is greater than 1000 a drop down appears above the grid so you can select a range of items (e.g. like the letter groups in the phone book).

I'm not sure if your code changes broke something or if converting items from standard to BTO may have changed the product ID and invalidated the mapping.  

Can you please open a ticket and provide control panel details?  Once we get a good look at everything we will be able to help you out.
GreggS View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreggS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-June-2012 at 2:52pm
My boss tried it on his computer and it worked ok.  He is using Firefox.  I downloaded Firefox on my computer and now it loads up ok now.  Not sure what setting I need to change in Internet Explorer but I think I'll just use Firefox now.

Another issue popped up where the new items in made in QuickBooks won't show up for me to map to the new items I made in ProductCart.  It might be a simple thing.  We're checking all our settings now.  The new items we set up in Quickbooks are created as non-inventory items.  I'm not sure if that is a factor.
GreggS View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreggS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-June-2012 at 3:31pm
He fixed it.  Not sure what he did but it's cool.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic