ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Complete Confusion!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronaldwilliams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Complete Confusion!!!
    Posted: 12-November-2006 at 6:13pm

OK.. here it goes..

I've been able to upload products/descriptions/etc... that's cool.

Now comes the tough part..and I'm stumped...

we are going to be having distrubutors(affiliates) market our products through websites created by BTO shop cart.  When I look at the links generated that the distributors would use to market their sites (ie a clone of our store) I'm taken to a relatively blank template page with category links on the left hand side...and nothing in the main content section.

How do I get content into this main section of these templates?  Do I actually need to download the template itself from the server and place the coding in it or is the content on the storefront page (used by distributors) completely generated by the various fields in the control panel?

I'm stumped and at a loss.

RW

netprofits View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netprofits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-November-2006 at 6:46pm
When you generate the links, they will be for a specific product page, category page, or your home page on your site. It is not a "clone" of your site, it is your live web site with a parameter passed in the link which indicates which affiliate referred the customer to your site. Product Cart tracks the affiliate and if a sale is made, you can track commissions dur to affiliates through the affiliate sales report.
NetProfits Internet Consulting

Certified ProductCart Developer

Our Site
ronaldwilliams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronaldwilliams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-November-2006 at 10:02am

I understand that explanation... howver, I'm having difficulty generating the actual storefront home page per se.

Generating the individual product pages, etc..is fine.  I'm just trying to understand how the actual storefront homepage is generate if you are using a product cart template and not your own site template.

Thanks for assistance in advance.

netprofits View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netprofits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-November-2006 at 10:08am

I assume you're using PC 3.x. The home.asp page in the Product Cart /pc folder is maintained from the Control Panel Marketing menu. Click Marketing | Manage Home page. You can create a message for the top of the page and then define how featured products, specials, new arrivals and best sellers are displayed. Those types of products are managed from other menus options under the Marketing menu (or you can click the links on the manage home page to go directly to the other areas.

You should probably have a default.asp page in your root folder which is either a page you design or has a 301 redirect to the pc/home.asp page.

NetProfits Internet Consulting

Certified ProductCart Developer

Our Site
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic