ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Build To Order > Customizing BTO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Div in ConfigurePrdCode.asp not behaving.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theone85ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Div in ConfigurePrdCode.asp not behaving.
    Posted: 07-August-2012 at 9:11pm
Hi all,

Im hoping someone can help.

I've added a new div to my ConfigurePrdCode.asp and it looks ok when you take a look at the rendered code. However, when it renders in the web browser it all of the BTO elements seem to render outside of it.

An example of what's happening can be seen here on my test site.

The element in question is  <div class="pcBTOrow">.

Any light someone can shed on this would be VERY appreciated.

Thanks
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-August-2012 at 1:14pm
Taking a quick peek at the markup here, I'd say your problem is that you're wrapping this div around TR's. I didn't look at the CSS on this as, but I expect that whatever you're trying to accomplish here would work if you applied the class attribute to the TR's themselves -- something like:
<tr class="pcBTOrow pcBTOfirstRow">
</tr>
<tr class="pcBTOrow pcBTOsecondRow">
</tr>

theone85ca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theone85ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-August-2012 at 1:20pm
Hey Sean,

Thanks for the reply. I actually tried just editing the css of 'pcBTOsecondRow' however that element repeats for each individual option. What I'm basically trying to do is put a background image on each group of options. I believe, what you suggested would put this image behind each option within a group.

I actually tried wrapping each group of options in their own table but that doesn't work either.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-August-2012 at 1:51pm
Ok, now I see what you are trying to do.

Frankly, the table structuring here seems silly to me. I haven't looked at the script producing the markup here, but I don't see any reason each radio button needs it's own row. I think what I would do here is to collapse all of these rows into one -- basically all of the rows between each spacer row could just be one row with one cell, maybe an H3 or something for the option group title.
theone85ca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theone85ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-August-2012 at 1:56pm
That's what I was thinking too. I'm not even sure why its Tables in the first place!

The script for this page is a monster, I guess I'm collapsing everything here and doing some far bigger edits than I was hoping unless someone from EI can jump in and let me know whats happening here.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-August-2012 at 5:58pm
Yeah, frankly I can't see the need for table structuring here at all. PC is way over the top in it's use of tables for layout, IMHO (though I get the use of them vs divs in a lot of places lest folks too easily blow up their layouts).

As for the monster looping in the source code generating these BTO config pages, yeah it's no piece of cake to follow. But at least there are the spacer rows to provide some orientation as to where one is in there.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic