ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Give Users a Dashboard with Charts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roknrod12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Give Users a Dashboard with Charts
    Posted: 28-August-2012 at 12:14pm
I think a great feature would be to add the ability for users (other than the super user) to see the sales charts on the dashboard - instead of the message telling them that their account is limited.  I've never understood why that message appears even if you give a user all available permissions.  When I create an account for a new employee, I don't want them to see a message every time they log in telling them they their account has limited rights and to contact me if this is incorrect.  I think the user's should see new orders, sales charts, help desk requests, etc.   How about adding this on the next service pack?

Thanks,
Rodney
Polly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-October-2012 at 12:23pm
There is a coding workaround to this. I can't find it in my notes at the moment, but someone from this forum sent it to us, and it worked great.  Now all our users can see the charts when they log in.

I admit, it would be nice as a simple built-in feature, rather than requiring knowing secret codes!
~~ R&T systems director
roknrod12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roknrod12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-October-2012 at 12:50pm
That would be great if you could find that.  Please post it if you do.  Seems that EI Techs would have a simple solution.  Wish that someone from EI would respond.

Thanks,
Rodney
roknrod12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roknrod12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-October-2012 at 12:54pm
Looks like I may have found the post you are referring to.  I'm gonna give this a try.  Posting a link to it here:
Polly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-October-2012 at 1:38pm
Yes, that's the one -- Much friendlier, more informative greeting screen for everyone now!
~~ R&T systems director
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-January-2013 at 10:48pm
Seems this is worth putting up on the Developers' Corner part of the wiki.

I'll try to get to it if Hamish doesn't get to it first.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic