ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reviews for Apparel Products

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loracady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reviews for Apparel Products
    Posted: 18-September-2012 at 10:11am
We use the "Write a Review" reminder email. When a customer purchases an apparel product, he receives the Write a Review reminder email for the sub-product he purchased, rather than the main product. If the customer reviews the sub-product, rather than the main product, the review does not show on the website. Only reviews for the main product show up on the website. This is a big problem for us, because we have so many reviews for our apparel products. I'd really love to see this issue fixed.
www.TheSleepShop.com
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-September-2012 at 11:01am
That's a good one Wink

This probably deserves some thought. I wonder if it is better to let customers review the variation of the product they purchased (the sub-product) and then have the parent product page display those reviews OR should the reminder emails direct them to the parent product for their review.
loracady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loracady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-September-2012 at 11:45am

Either way would probably work. I would probably like to see the review for the specific item (sub-product) purchased and then have the parent product display those reviews. It is unfortunate that it doesn't work, because we have so many GREAT reviews for several of our apparel products, but none of those reviews show.

www.TheSleepShop.com
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-September-2012 at 1:17pm
Hi Lora,

I'm inclined to prefer including sub-products in reviews as well. 

I just had a peep under the hood and it's a bit of work. The ratings would also need to be factored in, plus there's the view all reviews page. 

It's definitely doable, but I'd really like to hear if EI is doing anything on this first.

Hamish?
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-September-2012 at 2:00pm
Hi,  Which version of ProductCart are you running? I'll take a look.
loracady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loracady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-September-2012 at 2:39pm
Version 4.5a
www.TheSleepShop.com
whizzinpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whizzinpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-October-2012 at 6:40pm
This is definitely something that needs to be addressed. I'm wondering if BTO products are also effected by this. We are now switching a lot of products with options to apparel to better control our inventory and reviews are a very important part of a customers purchase decision.
loracady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loracady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-October-2012 at 12:38pm
I completely agree. Though it is ridiculously time consuming, and as time allows, we are trying to copy and paste some of our apparel reviews. Reviews are just so useful to customers that we hate not to be able to show ALL of them.
www.TheSleepShop.com
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-October-2012 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by Hamish Hamish wrote:

Hi,  Which version of ProductCart are you running? I'll take a look.

Just thought I'd chime in here that I looked at this on 4.6a
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-October-2012 at 11:28pm
In the next release, Product Reviews will only be allowed for the Parent Product. In other words, regardless of which Sub Product was purchased, the review will be shown on the Parent Product page only. There will not be the ability to post reviews for specific Sub Products, but perhaps we'll revisit it down the road.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic