ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Folder Permissions from my control panel ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Folder Permissions from my control panel ?
    Posted: 29-September-2012 at 7:17am
Hi I have just moved hosting company and need to set Folder Permissions this is the screen from my control panel do I give permissions to NETWORK SERVICE only or shiningimagegallery.com (which is the directory above root where the product cart folder is that I am setting permissions for ) or both  and do I need to set anything in "inherited " or "explicit" sorry all looks a bit confusing
Any help appreciated Kathy Confused

Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-September-2012 at 10:33am
This may be trial and error, but I'd start with marking "write" for NETWORK SERVICE at this level.  I'm hoping, but cannot tell from this screen, that you can drill down to subsequent folder levels and hit read/write/delete on the INCLUDES and PCADMIN folders. Let us know how things work at that point.
shiny View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-September-2012 at 1:25pm
Hi Greg
This is a screengrab  at the ProductCart folder and yes I can drill down to the Includes and pcadmin folders. However I have an older version v3.1 my instructions then does not mention adding delete to the pcadmin folder so I'll leave that for the time being unless you think I should ....just worried in case my version doesn't support that

Many thanks I'll give that a go it may be a little while before I can test the store though I have yet to restore my database and as this was a last minute migration I didn't get a chance to turn the store off so I believe I could experience problems with that I have a zipped bak. file to work with so fingers crossed

Thanks again
Kathy

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-September-2012 at 3:24pm
Hi Kathy,

You will want to check "delete" as that will apply "modify" permissions necessary for overwriting files.
shiny View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-September-2012 at 3:32pm
Thats great thank you Sean
I have found that I needed to give the read/write permissions to the shiningimagegallery.com folder
I've unchecked the Network Service for now and add it back if I find problems

Thanks
Kathy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic