ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Zero Price

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1st-line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zero Price
    Posted: 15-October-2012 at 4:06pm
We have a lot of items where our cost, and therefore our sales price, is not determined until the items arrive. However, we have to set up the items before they arrive. When no sales price is indicated in PC, the item has no price and can be added to the cart for free. In other cases, employees can forget to put in a  sales price.

We understand that some things may be want to be given free, but is there any code to change this to remove the buy button or a requirement of a sales price when creating the item.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-October-2012 at 4:16pm
Not sure if this fits what you are needing, but you could set the product to use a required custom input field to store the price. That takes care of half of it, if I understand what you are needing here. From there a customization to instPrd.asp would be needed to add the product to the cart with its price as the value entered into the custom input field.

Does that sound like what you need?
1st-line View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1st-line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-October-2012 at 5:08pm
Sean, thanks for the reply. In setting up a product, one is not required to put in a sales price. The result is a zero sales price. IN PC, the customer can order the item for free when in fact it should not be free. there is no systemic way to a) require a sales price to be entered when an item is set up, and/or be b) prevent a custoemr from ordering items that have a zero dollar amount as a sales price.

I would prefer to have to avoid duplicate entry using a customized field. Our current storefront prevents ordering of an item. this storefront was developed over 10 years ago.

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-October-2012 at 5:18pm
I think I'm getting a clearer picture now. Please let me know if I'm getting warmer:
  1. You need to set up products in the CP before you know what the online price will be
  2. You need to mitigate against employees setting products live on the storefront with no price
  3. You actually don't have any products you offer for free, so you would like the storefront not to allow adding to cart if the product has no price
Is there any reason you can't use the active/inactive status and/or product not for sale features to manage this? Perhaps with little tweak to the CP to not allow employees to set a product as active and not not for sale (i.e. un-checking the not for sale option) if the online price is not > 0?
1st-line View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1st-line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-October-2012 at 2:11pm
Sean, thanks. I think allowing the product to be set up without a price still needs to exist. It is more of stopping customers from seeing the zero dollar sales price, placing in a customized message to repalce of the sales price (ie Price TBD or Please email for pricing), AND preventing ordering a product with a zero dollar sales price by removing the buy button.

Re-looking at the work-around, I think the NOT FOR SALE and message checkbox may work. The only thing is it is not foolproof as one of my employees can forget to check this.

Also, I need to connect with you regarding the Back in Stock feature we purchased from you.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-October-2012 at 2:36pm
The CP could easily be customized to automatically set the Not For Sale setting and apply a canned message if the online price is set to 0. What that do the trick for you?

RE: Notify Me, shoot us an email to support@ and Kelly will get back to you on that.
1st-line View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1st-line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-October-2012 at 2:47pm
Yes, that would do the trick.

Jim
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-October-2012 at 3:08pm
Hi Jim,

Shoot us a request through http://www.wmsmerchantservices.com/rfq.asp and we'll get right on it.
1st-line View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1st-line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-October-2012 at 4:11pm
wt1zs nor wt1zs in captcha do not work.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-October-2012 at 8:42pm
Not sure why you'd have an issue with the CAPTCHA. We get requests regularly, and a couple today too.

You could alternatively simple send an email to support at wmsmerchantservices.com if you like.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic