ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"nonsecure items" SSL issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jools Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "nonsecure items" SSL issue
    Posted: 12-December-2006 at 7:41am

Hello,

I've set up my SSL certificate and it seems to be working. However, I'd like to get rid of the "This page contains both secure and nonsecure items..." that I get when I view my site with Internet Explorer.

I have my own SSL certificate (i.e. not shared) and I've enabled the SSL for registration/login pages.

I've renamed by productcart folder, but I've left everything else alone (haven't moved to root).

Thank you.

netprofits View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netprofits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-December-2006 at 7:51am

The most likely cause of that message is that you are including images or a file using a URL that is not secure, i.e. you hard coded a URL to an image such as http://www.domain.com/image/image.jpg. Or you are including a file such as a Javascript include file either for your site or for an external site such as SSL or stats tracking code.

The solution is to make the paths relative, i.e. ..\images\image.jpg and make sure any code to external scripts is secure.

NetProfits Internet Consulting

Certified ProductCart Developer

Our Site
jools View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jools Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-December-2006 at 4:52pm
Thank you for your reply. I will follow your suggestion about paths.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic