ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - SIte keeps redirecting to msg.asp, how to stop?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SIte keeps redirecting to msg.asp, how to stop?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael G. Workman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SIte keeps redirecting to msg.asp, how to stop?
    Posted: 21-May-2013 at 2:26pm
Hello My name is Mike and I have just started supporting a productcart installation for a ecommerece website, I am a software developer with asp and asp.net experience.

The previous developer who worked on this has set it up so that when you try to go to "/", default.asp, or home.asp, instead it redirects to msg.asp with a url variable called message that contains a number, and it displays a preset message. We need to have the website go to home.asp or default.asp.

I have looked through the asp code for the website but have not been able to identify where the redirect is occuring. I looked in settings.asp, home.asp, and default.asp. I also looked at the productcart admin page but did not see anything for the configuration of this message page.

Any help that can be provided will be greatly appreciatted, I would like the website to go to home.asp for the root file instead of to this msg.asp file. Thank you.

Michael G. Workman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael G. Workman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2013 at 3:52pm
My supervisor found a solution to this issue in the forum.

It appears that one of the upgrade steps may have been missed while upgrading to version 4.7, and since the file includes were missing, the store defaulted to being OFF, even though it was set as ON in the pcadmin pages for STORE SETTINGS. Since it was defaulting to OFF it was redirecting to the msg.asp file and displaying the store OFF message set in STORE SETTINGS in admin.

The post is at the following url:
http://www.earlyimpact.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3690&title=new-to-bto-customizing

This has resolved our issue with product cart regarding redirect to msg.asp file.

Thanks.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic