ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Migration To New Server

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leather_Treaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Migration To New Server
    Posted: 25-May-2013 at 4:56pm
Hello,

I am in the process of moving my Product Cart catalog from a shared web/sql environment with Arvixe to a dedicated server running windows 2008 server and SQL 2012 server. The server is running with a Plesk control panel. I have been reading that users are having a lot of issues on similar setups. Has the software been tested under such environments and do I need to update my installation files for them to work on my new server?

Thanks,

Gary 
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-May-2013 at 6:43pm
We use that configuration extensively for both private as well as shared hosting servers. It's fine. The only odd issue we have discovered is described here:
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/transactsql/thread/3d256650-0e94-4d0f-8b52-0ba6e1903215/

http://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/feedback/details/739013/alwayson-failover-results-in-reseed-of-identity

Other than that, Windows 2008 is entirely stable and SQL 2012 appears to be extremely fast.

Where are you seeing reports of issues?
Leather_Treaty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leather_Treaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2013 at 5:33pm
Hello,

After setting up SQL 2012 I ran the Product Cart query file and it failed badly because of the lack of permissions not setup correctly. Would any one have a list of step by step instructions to setup the SQL to query the file correctly. Installing Product Cart on a shared server was very easy, but now with configuring your own SQL I don't have any experience doing this.

Thank you,

Gary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2013 at 6:37pm
Here are the standard directions for moving a site:
http://wiki.earlyimpact.com/how_to/move_store

Please check your PM.
Leather_Treaty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leather_Treaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2013 at 8:13pm
Hello Greg,

I sent you a message and it was refused as it said you exceeded your quota of private messages. Please send me your email as I just sent you a long response and it was lost I think.

Gary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2013 at 8:38pm
Gary - all of my contact info is on my web site. www.greybearddesign.com

As long as it doesn't get too late, feel free to call me if you would like to say hello.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic