ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

upgrade to productcart v4 fail

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tnm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: upgrade to productcart v4 fail
    Posted: 08-June-2013 at 8:43am
Hello.
I upgraded pc to v4 as described here http://wiki.earlyimpact.com/updates/v4_upgrade_instructions ,
problems started at database update step.

In browser, going to siteroot/store/admin/menu.asp shows page can't be found and address bar goes to menu.asp?msg=You+do+not+have+enough+permissions+to+access+the+selected+page.

Manually going to siteroot/store/admin/upddb_v45.asp shows page isn't redirecting properly.

Please any ideas on steps to diagnose and solve this problem? I don't know much about state of productcart before upgrade because it was installed by someone else. I know its not PPD version and I applied correct upgrade.
tnm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tnm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-June-2013 at 9:07am
I forgot to say I was upgrading to v 4.5 which is what is downloaded by "check for updates" button.
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-June-2013 at 9:47am
for starters, it sounds like you are using something other than the master admin user/password. Use that login and see how much farther you get.
tnm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tnm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-June-2013 at 10:07am
Thanks, good suggestion, I did recieve a login user and pass which is not master account. But would it be normal behaviour that I can't access any admin page until db is updated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-June-2013 at 10:24am
I'm not sure Tom - I don't recall. I simply don't perform upgrades without the correct user, and if I'm hired to do an upgrade where the client didn't give that to me, I have a way of retrieving it. So I have not done an upgrade without the correct user in years and I don't recall what might happen in your case.
tnm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tnm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-June-2013 at 10:28am
Yes, thank you very much using master account information has allowed me to finish upgrade successfully.
Though now when store is live I do see this message when trying to access it as customer:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d'

Type mismatch: '[string: ""]'

/store/pc/CustLIv.asp, line 26

And this is CustLIv file lines 25 and 26:

'// If the Customer is a Guest and the page does not allow guests... redirect them somewhere
if ((Session("idCustomer")=0) AND ((session("REGidCustomer")<"1") OR (AllowGuestAccess=0))) OR (Session("idCustomer")>"0" AND session("CustomerGuest")>"0" AND AllowGuestAccess=0) then

I don't know ASP, but maybe its something about numbers being surrounded with double quotes as if they are strings, yet they are evaluated as numbers...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-June-2013 at 10:35am
Well, something has gone wrong. You probably need to submit a support plan or engage a developer.

Are you upgrading a live store, or did you create a dev copy of the store folder and upgrade that? How urgent is this - have you effectively broken your live environment?
tnm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tnm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-June-2013 at 10:40am
There is a lack of info conserning past work done on the store. I am a developer just not ASP one, still I thought upgrading will be easy task, since it doesn't requite coding.

And yes I have broken the live store.

Support ticket is submited but it might take them a while to respond, with now being Saturday.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-June-2013 at 10:54am
Generally speaking upgrades do go easy. There may have been an underlying issue that this upgrade has now triggered.
tnm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tnm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-June-2013 at 11:06am
Good news, it seems error has been in cache and now its not showing up anymore.
Thanks for your help! I guess it would be good idea to add to documents info about necessity of using master username and password when upgrading.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic