ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Build To Order > Customizing BTO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Product Cart Customization

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan-Conbrio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Product Cart Customization
    Posted: 03-September-2013 at 12:27am
I have a few requests. I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction??
Looking for someone to either provide guidance, or maybe a quote :)

I'm just wanting to use product cart as a storefront.
Somewhere people can get a quote/place an order and it will notify me, that's all for now.

Using ProductCart v4.6b

There does not seem to be a way for a customer to Nickname a quote they create, would like for them to be able to do this.

No button or functionality for a customer to generate a PDF quote and email it to themselves?

Looks like all users need to register their own account for the store. How difficult would it be to have a setup where there is an account per business which can have multiple users accessing it?

Need to find where the store emails are being generated and make changes to their code? it looks like they are using some kind of flag system - but the email comes out odd. see below

New Order in your store - Order #16
bla bla bla          

RAM: Kingston 2GB 1600MHz Non-ECC CL11 Full         Included

Height - SKU: INMEM642                                              

Would love it if this could be changed, I really want to be able to change the formatting so I can push the orders into my current system. Just need the SKU and quantity, but the description is pushing them onto a new line, so I can't easily drop it into excel and import the file into my current order processing/inventory tracking/warehousing systems.

Is there a way to modify the default options for a BTO configuration?
For example. I want the RAM option on a computer to be 2x 2GB sticks.
I can list 2, 4 and 8GB sticks as options and let them pick quantity, but I can not seem to set the default as 2x 2GB sticks.

So, yes. I need a few things! Any ideas / takers?

Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-September-2013 at 2:26pm
We have extensive experience with BTO and the quoting aspects of the system.  Feel free to contact us directly via our site if you would like to explore possibilities.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-September-2013 at 4:24pm
Hi,
There are a couple of things here that I see that are simple things you could do yourself. Nicknaming orders is actually a setting in the control panel under the settings -> order and customer settings. As for the email changes. We have an add-on for changing all the emails in your store to be in HTML format. With this add-on you can create the emails in any which way you would like and have them say what ever you would like. If you didn't want the add-on the places to look for changing the email text would be in the includes/languages.asp file in conjunction with the following two files

pc/customerOrderConfirmEmail.asp

and

pcadmin/sendmailCustomerProcessed.asp

The rest of the stuff you are requesting would certainly need to be customized which we at WMS also have a lot of experience with. If you would like to PM us and discuss your needs we can work together at getting your Productcart store up and running the way you want.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic