ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Add-on's > Mobile Commerce Add-on
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database Update Loop

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virtualimage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Database Update Loop
    Posted: 22-October-2013 at 2:29pm
Hi,

We're running v4.7 and just installed the Mobile Addon. All files were backed up and overwritten per Wiki.

I went to the admin and ran the dB updater and everything worked fine. Complete the setup and the mobile site is redirecting and working properly.

The problem is that in the admin, I'm constantly redirected to the "upddb-mobile.asp" which I assumer would have been deleted automatically. If I delete these files manually, I receive a 404 when trying to access menu.asp.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Quinn
<a href="http://www.virtualimage.ca/">Virtual Image: Website Design, Development and Hosting in Hamilton, ON</a>
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-October-2013 at 2:39pm
I can confirm having seen this issue as well.
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-October-2013 at 7:46pm
We are looking into this. It seems to be sporadic (not every customer experiences it), so those are always a little more difficult to pinpoint, but we will review the 3 areas that relate to a database script 'looping' like this. In the meantime, please make sure that the Mobile Storefront flag has been saved to the 'settings' file. It should look like this (near the top):

scSubVersion = "Ms"
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
virtualimage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virtualimage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-October-2013 at 8:38am
Hi,

The SubVersion wasn't set in my settings file. I added this and the loop is gone.

Thanks!

Q
<a href="http://www.virtualimage.ca/">Virtual Image: Website Design, Development and Hosting in Hamilton, ON</a>
webm1ss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote webm1ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-November-2013 at 4:12am
Hi

I am having the same problem but also have apparel addon. If I change the version to "Ms" I loose apparel navigation and if I leave as "a" I am stuck in this loop.

Please advise.

Thankyou
Greg Dinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-November-2013 at 10:50am
Just sent a note to info AT productcart DOT com.  They have an updated file that I have used and confirmed that it resolves the issue.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic