ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Phone Number Required be consistent

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Phone Number Required be consistent
    Posted: 08-February-2014 at 1:58am
As v5 is being worked up, I hope this little gem is in the update:

As if v4.7, the customer phone number field is required when a user opts to create an account (not while going through checkout) or when CP user creates or edits an account .... yet the hard-coded default in the OPC (One Page Checkout) is set to optional rather than required.

Ideally, this should all be consistent.

As it is as of 4.7, unless one changes the hard-coded toggle on onepagecheckoutJS.asp, their is an inconvenient conflict in the control panel when CP user updates a customer record, and the customer didn't supply a phone number.

In my experience, merchants prefer to have a phone number in case of issues, so default could/should be required. However, the setting as to whether to require or not should be "global" in all three places. It's either required not, rather than required in these two places  but not his other place.

Edited by Sean@WMS - 08-February-2014 at 2:02am
macleather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macleather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-February-2014 at 4:57pm
I'd like to add my vote for making phone numbers required. It never fails that when you need a quick question answered regarding an order, that's the one without a phone number. Unhappy

Alan
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-February-2014 at 5:02pm
Good suggestion... this has been added to the developer's "to-do" list!
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic