ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hosting Multiple Productcart Catalogs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leather_Treaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hosting Multiple Productcart Catalogs
    Posted: 14-March-2014 at 5:57pm
Hello,

I am running 4 separate Productcart  catalogs. The problems I have is the catalogs are sharing cookies happens because I am using all sites in the same domain name (all the folders are different). Two solutions I have read about is to create them as separate sites in IIS and use a sub domain instead of folder path. Examples are mystore.mydomain.com   vs.   www.mydomain/mystore. This is easy to do except I use EV SSL certificates for the domain I have now. It is not a willdcard ssl so I would need to purchase 4 new certificates which will have a cost. The other option would be cheaper, but I don`t know how to configure is put all catalog sites in their own application folders, and each application folder to use it's own application pool.

Sounds easy enough but have no knowledge of this. Does anyone know how to do this??

Thanks,

Gary
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-March-2014 at 6:42pm
Hi Gary,

Try adding the following line and unique variable to the StoreConstants file for each store:

private const scID=1

You can insert this line immediately after the 'StoreURL' variable, and just make sure that each store has a unique variable. So the 2nd store would use the following:

private const scID=2

... and so on.

This should prevent sessions from 'crossing over' from one store to another. If you have additional questions on this, please submit a support ticket for security reasons.

The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
Leather_Treaty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leather_Treaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-March-2014 at 12:56am
Hi,

can you be more specific? I tried as you mention and I get a server error. Here is my storeconstants file, please indicate where I would place the code. I changed all the private info for security reasons. 

Thanks,

Gary

<%private const scCrypPass="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
private const scDSN="Provider=sqloledb;Data Source=abc.net,1433;Initial Catalog=test;User Id=testnew;Password=test;"
private const scDB="SQL"
private const scStoreURL="http://www.abc.net"%>

Edited by Leather_Treaty - 16-March-2014 at 12:58am
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-March-2014 at 6:04pm
Hi Gary,

You can add it right after the line for  'StoreURL'. E.G.:

private const scStoreURL="http://www.abc.net"
private const scID=1
%>

The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
Leather_Treaty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leather_Treaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-March-2014 at 7:55pm
Hi,

I tried as you described and put the code exactly where you said. When I reload the file I get the error 

500 - Internal server error.

There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

Do I need to make any changes to my webserver??

Thanks,

Gary
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic