ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Search Engine Optimization
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Moving the home page to the root

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kittens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Moving the home page to the root
    Posted: 13-January-2007 at 1:34am
Can anyone post an example where they relocated the home page two lvl's up to the root? When I did it following the directions closely, I got a 404 error for msg.asp, I then bumped up msg.asp to the root which removed the 404 error, but then the catalog navigation was broken. If I view the home page at the root it shows up, but doesn't work very well. If I view it in the store/pc/ folder it works efficiently. 
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-January-2007 at 11:36am

Are you using the Generate Navigation feature in the ProductCart Control Panel? If so, you will need to copy the files inc_WholesaleCatMenu.inc and inc_RetailCatMenu.inc to the root. Do so within an HTML editor (e.g. within a Dreamweaver site), so that the links are properly recalculated to account for the different location.

The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
kittens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kittens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-January-2007 at 3:51pm

Thanks for the reply, I just did that and it still looks like something is wrong. Can you veiw http://www.kittenslingerie.com/ to tell me why the navigation is wrong?

Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-January-2007 at 4:24pm

The file http://www.kittenslingerie.com/inc_RetailCatMenu.inc cannot be found, which means that you did not take the steps mentioned above. That file needs to be in the root, and it needs to be moved there within an HTML editor to recalculate the links.

The ProductCart Team

kittens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kittens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-January-2007 at 4:48pm

But I did update the links in Dreamweaver. Here is a screenshot of IIS to show you it is in the root. http://www.kittenslingerie.com/inc_RetailCatMenu.inc  Did not show up for me either, but as shown above in IIS it is there.

Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-January-2007 at 5:09pm
Please open a support ticket.
The ProductCart Team

ken4noemi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ken4noemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-February-2007 at 12:52pm
After moving the msg.asp file to your root directory did you update the links in the msg.asp file to point to their correct locations? Specifically the header and footer references, they should point to the header and footer in your root not the once in the ProductCart\pc\ folder.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic