ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

how to get DSN pointing to productcart sql db

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sschwant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how to get DSN pointing to productcart sql db
    Posted: 24-November-2014 at 7:03pm
I'm trying to setup PC vs. 3.51 (after a long hiatus) to run in a development environment on my desktop using Win 7, IIS 7.5, and SQL Server Mgmt Studio Express 2014.

I've IIS up and running and I've copied the PC folder into the inetpub / wwwroot / mydomain / productcart.

However, when trying to setup a new DSN to point to the database:  ProductCart_v351.sql I am having problems.

I can setup a new DSN on the SQL Server itself, but that's no help.  Also, I can open the .sql db file directly in the Mgmt Studio, but don't see what good that does either w/o the DSN setup.

Basically, just need to get the DSN setup so I can reactivate my license and start building . . . 

Any help ? ? ? 

Thanks, 

Steve 
Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-November-2014 at 7:29pm
Hi Steve,

v3 has been deprecated for many years.  It would be prudent to enroll in support and updates and get a fresh install of v5.  v5 is going to be a more secure and stable option.  The internet has changed a great deal since v3. v5 would also contain important updates to the shipping providers and payment gateways.  I recommend that you contact us tomorrow and make arrangements to get v5.  Then we can provide you with an updated installation guide.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic