ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Upgrading PC Customized Database

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knifepro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Upgrading PC Customized Database
    Posted: 03-March-2015 at 12:36pm
I have a version 4.7 ProductCart that has been customized with customization added to the database. I know it is recommended when you install V5+ you install it in it's own directory so that you can leave your store online until you make the switch. 

Can someone tell me when the V5+ updates are applied when installing V5+ in its own directory will affect my customized database and break my store or will it simply update the parts of the PC database that needs to be updated and leave the customization alone?

The reason I am asking is I eventually plan on upgrading my customization to the latest version. I would like to install version 5+ in a separate directory and work on the design of the cart. I realize none of my customization would show because the files in Version 5 would not have the customization.

Brian

brian@theknifeprofessional.com
brian@heartlandbraidedrugs.com
www.theknifeprofessional.com
www.heartlandbraidedrugs.com
ProductCart v4.7
QuickBooks Sync
Mobile
Brett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-March-2015 at 1:10am
I imagine it would depend on the nature of the customization. I've made modifications to our database, and our v5 development site seems to be working fine. What exactly have you changed in the database? Either way, I'd recommend backing up your entire database and then giving it a shot. If it doesn't work, restore the database from backup.

From my experience though, it will leave the customized parts alone,
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic