ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Import/Export suggestion 1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NWClips Craig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Import/Export suggestion 1
    Posted: 03-April-2015 at 3:18pm
It would be nice if the "grouped" fields, like "Categories Information" or "Product Page Layout" could be expanded so we could chose a subset of those fields during the export process.  For example, I only need the six category name and parent fields.  Not only would this help match and compare exports with imports, but it would also get around the export "wrap-around" issue that is currently occurring with long category description fields.

Edited by NWClips Craig - 03-April-2015 at 3:20pm
~ Craig B.
Brett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2015 at 3:20am
Ugh god yes. I've all but given up on trying to use the import/export tool for category information. It's a real shame. On one hand, I can understand why it's difficult to get right, as the category system is a bit complex (products can belong to multiple categories). That being said, category information absolutely seems like something you'd want to have working right for import/export functionality.

It's almost worth just writing a standalone tool to handle this stuff and communicate with the database, because the built in tool leaves much to be desired.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic