ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wish List

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheflink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wish List
    Posted: 17-January-2007 at 1:53am

Hi - Does anybody know how we could have more than 1 wish list - I would like to use this for a regular order sheet for customers and also if it is possible to have several they could be used as quotes for customers.

Any ideas would be appreciated

Cameron - Chef Link

fidjiti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fidjiti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-January-2007 at 8:05pm
Now this is just an idea and I haven't actually tested it so you'd want to make sure (with Early Impact) before implementing it and if it will work.

I know you can create several "Gift Registries" (i.e. more than 1) and customers can choose to name them whatever they want. And can purchase from them. What if you changed the display text on the "Gift Registries" and replaced it with "Wish Lists" or something more suitable for your site and service offering. I don't know where you could change the display text for all of the places where "Gift Registry" is posted, so you'd have to read the manual or ask Early Impact.

Like I said just and idea and maybe Gift Registries don't even do what you want them to do. But I figured I'd put it out there for you anyways. You know get the mind working. Wink

Good luck in finding a solution that will work for you.
Linda - I wish I knew ASP.
To view my ever evolving site click the "www" button below. :)
cheflink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheflink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-January-2007 at 8:36pm

Thanks Linda - I have had a look at that but for another use. We need to handle backorders with partial shipping of a particular item say 12 ordered and 6 shipped and 6 on backorder and the gift registry looked like it might handle that ok so I will revisit the gift registry and see if that is a possibility.

Cameron

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic