ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UPS Shipping Issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick_G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UPS Shipping Issue
    Posted: 02-December-2005 at 8:49am

We have set up our new Early Impact cart to use the UPS Online Shipping Software.

The rate that is appearing when the customer places the order through the cart is LOWER than the actual amount that UPS is charging when we run the order through WorldShip.

So the customer is being charged LESS than we're paying UPS to ship their packages.

How can this be corrected? Thanks.

P.S. I can be reached at 727-776-1597.
P.P.S. I love everything else about the software!

ComputerJack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ComputerJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-December-2005 at 8:55am

We had a similar problem but in reverse...the prices coming back were too high.

What we found was that we had set the wrong Pickup Type.  You might want to check that and Customer Classification.

Rick_G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick_G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-December-2005 at 9:42am

We have selected "wholesale/Daily Pick-up" because we have a Daily Pick Up with UPS. We're a high volume shipper. We average between $1500 - $3000 a week with UPS... So we get good rates from them.

I'm still not clear on what's causing the problem with the cart though. But I sure need to figure it out, because we're losing a few dollars on every order.

Thanks!

ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-December-2005 at 11:48am
Try changing your customer classification to "Retail".  It will provide your customers with fair shipping rates and you should at the very least 'break even', and may even turn shipping into a bit of a profit center.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
Rick_G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick_G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-December-2005 at 12:18pm

Thanks. I'll give that a try.

Rick_G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick_G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-December-2005 at 10:20pm

Another Shipping Question:

This evening, our shopping cart is generating this message during during the checkout process...

"We were not able to calculate shipping rates for your order at this time. If you continue the checkout process, we will contact you after we receive your order to discuss shipping options with you. Shipping charges will be added to your order at that time. " 

What's causing the software to flake out?

Thanks!

Edited by Rick_G - 02-December-2005 at 10:20pm
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-December-2005 at 11:34pm
Please refer to the "No Shipping Rates Returned" section of the ProductCart User Guide for more information about this.  If it's none of the 'typical' culprits, you should open a support ticket.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
Rick_G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick_G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-December-2005 at 11:59pm

Thanks.

The problem was that I applied your earlier suggestion without tweaking it...

"Try changing your customer classification to "Retail".  It will provide your customers with fair shipping rates and you should at the very least 'break even', and may even turn shipping into a bit of a profit center."

The RETAIL setting was conflicting with our default package dimensions. Once I set the package dimensions to zero, the situation cleared up and I was able to process orders without a problem.

BTW the "Occasional" setting seems to be the best fit for our UPS pricing structure.

Thanks again for all your help.

amgqmp1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amgqmp1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-December-2005 at 5:18pm
We do a fair amount of UPS volume as well...and, dimensionsional weight must be correct.  Your UPS rep. should be able to help get some accurate dimensional weights in the system (i.e. setting your products to a UPS-accurate pkg weight and pkg dimensions).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic