ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Inital Registration - how does it work?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdsinc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Inital Registration - how does it work?
    Posted: 26-February-2007 at 10:23am

Hello,

I am getting ready to load my first ProductCart store. Im just about ready to run the setup wizard and enter all the key codes.  My question is this:

Im running IP only right now - this is a new client and we'll be switching over the domain name shortly, but i thought I would go ahead and get my ProductCart all setup so that when we move over the domain name, I'll be ready to go.

When you do the registration, will it lock in where you are registering? My concern was that Im going to register from the IP environment - when I got to turn on the store with the domain name, will ProductCart think that Im trying to run the store illegaly with another domain?  Im assuming with the licence key, they have some way of tracking what domains are running.

Does this make anysense?  Hope to get a response quickly, im rarin to start using ProductCart !!

Thanks!

netprofits View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netprofits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-February-2007 at 10:36am

It will not lock you into that IP but the setup process stores that in the includes/storeconstants.asp file so when you are ready to switch to your regular domain name, you will need to edit that file and change the scStoreURL constant to be the domain vs. the IP.

NetProfits Internet Consulting

Certified ProductCart Developer

Our Site
cdsinc View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdsinc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-February-2007 at 11:11am

thanks for your response -

hey, check your signature link - the http:// is not in there and therefore, the link is invalid :-)

netprofits View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netprofits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-February-2007 at 11:26am
ok, I updated it, thanks.
NetProfits Internet Consulting

Certified ProductCart Developer

Our Site
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic