ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Paypal Website Payments Pro Question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
MarkCoyle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkCoyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Paypal Website Payments Pro Question
    Posted: 10-October-2007 at 3:30am

I suggest raising a support ticket on this.   PC in its latest version doesn't use the SDK anymore.   If you raise a support ticket and give PC FTP access, they can often see the problem themselves and resolve it directly for you.

cheers

Mark

jonesie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-October-2007 at 3:26am
hi,

i am currently trying to integrate website payments pro into product cart, but every time i try to set up this payment option in the product cart console it fails - giving me an error message about the "paypal classic api sdk" not being installed on my server. my web host swears they installed it -so i'm at a standstill. any thoughts on how to resolve this. it's going on 3 weeks!!
MarkCoyle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkCoyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2007 at 2:44pm

We now have the PayPalPro beta which implements the enhanced service without the need for the SDK on your server.

We're in the UK where PayPal have just launched the Pro service and it's a leap forward.   Proper standalone debit and credit card acceptance with full validation with PayPal providing your Merchant Account and an online sales management portal.   The Merchant Account integrates with your PayPal account so managing funds, drawing them down to your bank are as straight forward as before.   You even get a terminal emulation to take debit/credit cards by phone.

Now that our application is complete and the service activated we're absolutely delighted by this.  The implementation in ProductCart is excellent, straight forward and a great step forward.

Accepting debit and credit cards without any separate merchant account and without it being in any way apparent to the customer that it is PayPal based is marvellous.

PayPal Express is as quick and intuitive as its name.

We tried GoogleCheckout in the interim and found it absolutely awful with a flawed UK implementation and terrible integration.  

However the online tools at PayPal for the pro service and the integration in ProductCart are excellent.   The card processing is really quick too and we've found conversion has already gone up on orders in this first day of launch.

So - huge thanks to Early Impact.  

cheers

Mark

Stuck View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-April-2007 at 3:11pm

"For everyone looking for an ETA, the new PayPal BETA should be available by the end of next week, but as early as this Friday."

Is this available yet......(Our fingertips are covered with blisters from manually entering credit card transactions through PayPal  )

Thanks

MarkCoyle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkCoyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-April-2007 at 2:33pm
I'm very much looking forward to this change for PayPal Payments Pro.  Their service looks an excellent enhancement to normal PayPal which has proven successful for our business. 

As PayPal are now promoting the Pro service directly and outside the USA, the take up will be strong I'm sure (we're moving to it).

So like many we're looking forward to the news of the enhanced non-SDK approach to PayPal Payments Pro in Product Cart coming this week.

cheers
Mark
mx22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mx22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-April-2007 at 2:15pm

Matt,

Right, I just wanted to find out if I will still have bugs support for my old version or not. I bought ProductCart just a couple of days over an year ago and to be honest I do not want to spend almost half of the amount of the original price on a new version every year. I do understand that new features are for new versions though.

Thank You!

Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-April-2007 at 3:52pm

Hello mx22,

That is a good question.  We still support 2.76 customers and fix bugs.  However, we do not plan to add new features to v2.76, or retrofit new components for 2.76.  That is pretty much standard with any software. Stores currently using 2.76 can continue to use PayPal with SDK 4.2 or earlier.  We have a copy of the SDK 4.2 that is available upon request.  Let me know if that doesn’t answer your questions or if still have some concerns.

mx22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mx22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-April-2007 at 3:27pm

Matt,

So does this mean you will stop supporting users who have older version of ProductCart - i.e. if PayPal changes something and older version stops working, I will be left with no other choice, but to to buy v3?

Thank You!

Edited by mx22 - 05-April-2007 at 3:29pm
Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-April-2007 at 12:44pm

For everyone looking for an ETA, the new PayPal BETA should be available by the end of next week, but as early as this Friday.

Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-April-2007 at 12:42pm

Hello mx22,

We have finally made a decision and will not be retrofitting the new components for 2.76.  In a future newsletter Early Impact will make an official statement explaining "why" this is the case.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic