ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WEB ONLY & INSTORE ONLY FEATURE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACTMARK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WEB ONLY & INSTORE ONLY FEATURE
    Posted: 01-April-2007 at 1:36am

Hi!  We're currently in the midst of converting our web site to product cart.  I have to say . . .  it's a great program.  Now, I do have a question regarding a feature that I can't seem to find.  Does product cart have a way of letting me identify web only items and instore only items.  I've searched around the forums and the online help the user guide and can't see to find anything on that.  I'm just a little suprise that it does not have these features so I wanted to make sure I'm not missing anything.  Can someone confirm whether or not Productcart has these features.

Thank you in advance!

netprofits View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netprofits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-April-2007 at 8:33am
If you want In-Store items to show on your web site but not be for sale, use the "Not For Sale" option in the Other Settings section when editing a product. You can add a message in the "Message to Display" about "In-Store Only" or whatever you would like. Is that what you meant?
NetProfits Internet Consulting

Certified ProductCart Developer

Our Site
ACTMARK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACTMARK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-April-2007 at 1:05pm

Thanks, that's what I mean but what about a flag for web only products.  There are a lot of products on our web site that is being serviced by a drop shipper so we have all their items on out site but we only have a limited selection in our store.  Do you know if they have a web only feature.  I would be really suprise if they don't.  If not, I guess my only option would be the custom fields.

Thanks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netprofits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-April-2007 at 1:55pm
There isn't a flag for web-only but you can link items with suppliers and drop shippers. Why not create a suppier called InStore and another called WebOnly and track prodcts that way OR if you are using the Drop Shipper feature, then only theWebOnly items should be linked to drop shippers. If you haven't already done so, read through the user's guide about the Suppliers and Drop Shippers. That may give you some ideas.

Our Site
ACTMARK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACTMARK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-April-2007 at 9:43am

The problem is we have multiple suppliers, some drop ship, some don't.  I guess I'll just set-up a custom field so I can flag any prodcuts that is web only, and then for the in-store only ones, I'll do as you suggested with the not for sale feature.  I'm just suprised it doesn't already have this feature since large sites like Best Buy and Future Shop feature web only items or deals.  

Thanks for your help! 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netprofits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-April-2007 at 10:00am

Not being a retailer I am not completely sure why you need to distinguish between these types of products. You can setup discounts/coupons for specific products or categories of products where the discount is applied during checkout either automatically or by having the user enter a coupon code. In your advertising you can say that the code is only valid online.

Our Site
ACTMARK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACTMARK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-April-2007 at 10:25am

The reason why we need to identify it is so that people don't come into the store expecting us to carry the 1,200 plus items on our web site from just one vendor when we only carry maybe 20-25% of that. 

Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic