ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Upgrade PC to ASP 2.0

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
fidjiti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fidjiti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Upgrade PC to ASP 2.0
    Posted: 07-June-2007 at 10:21am
Perfect! I look forward to it. :)
Linda - I wish I knew ASP.
To view my ever evolving site click the "www" button below. :)
Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-June-2007 at 4:56pm

Hello fidjiti,

I am putting together a BETA update today. As soon as its ready I will send the files to your email.

fidjiti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fidjiti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-June-2007 at 8:32pm
Yes I'd love that, thank you!

I've already switched over to the 2.0 so I'll need that for sure. Just let me know where I need to install the files.

Thanks!
Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-June-2007 at 7:58pm

Hello Fidjiti,

We have a fully certified PayPal BETA version 3.052 that would allow you to use PayPal WPP without the SDK.  Let us know if you would like a copy.  Otherwise, you do need the SDK installed on the server. Moreover, we recommend using the API Signatures instead of certificates. There is more information on API Signatures in the User Guide.  ASP.net 1.1 or 2.0 will both work with the SDK.  However, you must choose one or the other for your website, as one website can not run both .Net versions.  Additionally, the PayPal SDK must be version 4.2 or lower, because PayPal’s 4.3 is buggy.  I can send you copy of that as well if you need it as well.

Just let me know what you prefer, or open a ticket, we are happy to help.

fidjiti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fidjiti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2007 at 9:53pm
so if I change to ASP 2.0 can I still use the PayPal option.

This is what it says on the requirements page: "ProductCart uses the Classic ASP SDK to integrate with PayPal Website Payments Pro and PayPal Express Checkout. This integration requires special Web server settings that your Web hosting company may not be willing to meet. Among other things, the Web server must have the .NET Framework v1.1 installed and allow you to register a personal certificate (*.p12 certificate). More information on using PayPal Website Payment Pro with our shopping carts ."
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2007 at 5:09pm
Yes, ProductCart will run just fine on a server running the .NET framework 2.0.  These servers all run IIS and Classic ASP, which is all that is required by ProductCart.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
fidjiti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fidjiti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2007 at 4:48pm
So I can run ASP.net 2.0 and ASP.net 1.1, I just have to make sure my Host is okay with it. I don't think it'll work because I have godaddy.com hosting. How would I install both 2.0 & 1.1. Or can PC work if I switch to ASP.net 2.0?

carstone View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-May-2007 at 8:19am

You can run ASP.net 2.0 applications along side ASP. They are not the same and compatable. So you should be fine, as long as your host offers both.

fidjiti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fidjiti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2007 at 2:49pm
I want to install the new 2007 Community Server on my site and it needs ASP 2.0 in order to work. Please let me know, so I can either just use an older version of CS or wait for the next version of PC. Unless the 1.1 is related to something different. Any help would be appreciated. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic