ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Google Product Search Feed question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TruSake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Google Product Search Feed question
    Posted: 29-September-2011 at 4:41pm
So now google since Sept.22nd has the following posted as requirements:
  • Availability: We’d like a user to be able to find your products even when they are out of stock. For this reason, the [availability] status of all your items will be required.
  • Google Product Category: We have added a new required high-level attribute called [google product category] that contains the category of the item in Google’s taxonomy (currently only required for a select number of categories). This is in addition to the current [product type] attribute.
So is that something I have to change in the product cart?
Because I get all my items as errors.
I have version 3.5.1
Please advice.

centresports View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote centresports Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-September-2011 at 10:31am
We are receiving the same error message,  v4.1a SP 1
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-October-2011 at 7:02am
Hi,
  Please see this entry in our blog about the Google data feed :
http://blog.earlyimpact.com/2011/06/google-product-search-data-feed.html

The updates are available from the "Just In" section of our website. http://www.earlyimpact.com/productcart/technical-support.asp#updates
More importantly, if your not aware of that change, you may not know about the recently detected and resolved security issue. (See the Blog & "Just In" section for that as well).  It's worth keeping an eye on the Blog & twitter feeds as well as subscribing to the newsletter (don't worry we won't bombard you with emails from it :-) ).  Sign up here : http://www.earlyimpact.com/news-updates.asp

TruSake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TruSake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-October-2011 at 2:59pm
but the update is only for v4.1 correct? not for v3.51?
I have both versions in different websites (long story)
just want to make sure which version is this update for
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic